“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Well holy shit, easy fix!!

Steve ain’t gunna charge you for another dyno run, will he? Just run it back up there when you set another time

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Well holy shit, easy fix!!

Steve ain’t gunna charge you for another dyno run, will he? Just run it back up there when you set another time
He didn’t charge me for today. Basically left off with “the issue is going to need to be fixed in the wiring. When you get that sorted give me a call back and we can re schedule” he did tell me besides the issue the truck seemed ready to go on the rollers.

I gave him a call back today after fixing the issue but had to leave a voicemail. When he gets back to me I’ll schedule something for next week. Hopefully he can get me in before the Lucerne race next weekend. I’ll run the truck as is this weekend in Barstow for a shake down. Be kind of cool to get a comparison on how the truck feels before and after tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
It must have been such a relief when you got it figured out. Sometimes it just takes a fresh outlook to solve problems like this.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
He didn’t charge me for today. Basically left off with “the issue is going to need to be fixed in the wiring. When you get that sorted give me a call back and we can re schedule” he did tell me besides the issue the truck seemed ready to go on the rollers.

I gave him a call back today after fixing the issue but had to leave a voicemail. When he gets back to me I’ll schedule something for next week. Hopefully he can get me in before the Lucerne race next weekend. I’ll run the truck as is this weekend in Barstow for a shake down. Be kind of cool to get a comparison on how the truck feels before and after tune.

hell yeah! even if he dont, i wouldnt be worried about taking it to Lucerne. just double check with him on the phone that the current tune is "safe" as is and run it. i doubt he put anything crazy in it as is. usually timing starts conservitive and fueling is on the rich side, then you dyno tune that in.

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Got those door panels installed and forgot to post up pics. Came out pretty nice. Clean and simple

Put the front end up on jack stands to assess an issue with the passenger side hub

These d35s are stupid. The little “pin” that locks the spindle nut in place has been missing on the passenger side and leads to the spindle nut backing off after like 50 miles. Pretty annoying. Checked the hub. Had 1/4” of play due to a loose spindle nut. Made a little pin for that side and got it re assembled.

Pretty short checklist left before Saturday’s test. Drivers side front Coilover is leaking since I forgot to put Teflon on the 90 degree fitting on that side. Other than that just need to run back through and make sure everything is tight and it’s ready to test.

Oh and the power steering kinda sucks. Not sure why. Probably just because it sucks lol. Doesn’t feel super “power”. Possibly an air pocket. I think I bled it pretty well.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
One piece of advice on the D35 is to weld on the tab that goes onto the pin. Then grind it until it fits very tight in the groove on the spindle. This will help keep that pin alive and nuts tight. I always have welded on all sides of the tab and then ground it until it fits tight on the spindle. Green on photo
Lock Nut.jpg

Reactions: exp24

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds