“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
I never thought I’d check this thread and see gay shit unless Mikey McNary was involved…wtf is the no ragrets guy doing in that picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: RoofDawg

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Truck looked really good out there man!
Thanks dude. I didn’t get as many miles in it as I would’ve liked. Someone in our group had a pretty bad rollover Saturday and spent most of the day trying to get the truck out of the desert.

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
Thanks dude. I didn’t get as many miles in it as I would’ve liked. Someone in our group had a pretty bad rollover Saturday and spent most of the day trying to get the truck out of the desert.

Thanks again for all the help and hanging around. That was a bad day. Truck works awesome though!

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Thanks again for all the help and hanging around. That was a bad day. Truck works awesome though!
Of course. Sorry your only ride in the truck was at night and on a racecourse that had been hammered on all day. The course was seriously chewed up after the race….

Reactions: DP_Ranger

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Ok so there’s a slight issue (large issue) with the rear brakes on this thing.

I am missing pieces. And I’m not sure why or how. Or what to call said missing pieces so I can order them.

Not sure how I missed this durring assembly but there’s no clip holding both pads together. Nor is there a place to put the clips. This led to the brake pads “floating” independently during braking and making a horrible noise/feeling under braking.

From what I gather I am missing this

What is that and why don’t I have it….

Hoping I don’t have to chop the caliper tabs off the rear end and start over because of this…

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
Phoenix
Idk why you dont have one.. are they stock brakes off something..? I dont remember what axle setup you have..
The brake caliper bracket should be bolted to whatever tabs you have on the axle and have been the main structure for the brake assembly.
Then these bolts or slide pins, bolt the caliper to the caliper bracket.
73DC4ABE-8001-4833-BB57-848909604A2D.jpeg

Reactions: mikey09120

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds