“Red Rocket” 88 ranger leftover parts build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
And this is what it looks like to get incredibly lucky

Had to do some major trimming to the inner structure and it definitely touches the engine cage but it works! I was definitely stressing this one.

Pretty pumped on it being on the factory hinge. Thinking out slapping some lift struts on it as well. No one likes to cram the jack handle in the hood when your working on it in the desert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Shoot dang that looks sooooo good!
Thanks. It’s growing on me hahah. Going to get started on body work this weekend. The hood is pretty strait. But I didn’t ever clearence the front fenders after kicking the beam kit foreword and more up travel so I’ll have to cycle the front and trim.

Drivers side bedside is a basket case. Lots of chips and cracks.

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
What’s everyone’s opinions on doing a section of line x on the bedside like this

Everyone knows that section of bedside gets absolutely hammered. And before anyone suggests 3m clear wrap, I did that on the bottom of my doors and first trip out I had rock chips blow through the wrap, clear, and paint.

I know it’s an off-road truck and rock chips are inevitable but it’s a ton of work to be doing all the paint and body so I’d like the truck to stay looking somewhat not clapped out.

Oh and I took it for a little drive to HF today. The full body look is growing on me

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
looks good. if your going to the rapturd conversion club (dark side) haha, i will take 1st dibs on the fenders, grille, valance, bumper, lights, basically all but hood.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
You can get color matched Bed liner stuff. I think that looks good.
There’s some rubberized clear wrap stuff that works really well also. Not 3m. I tried for like 10 mins and couldn’t get a screwdriver through it. I’ll get the name of it.

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
looks good. if your going to the rapturd conversion club (dark side) haha, i will take 1st dibs on the fenders, grille, valance, bumper, lights, basically all but hood.
As much as I’d like to do a raptor conversion it’s just not in the cards. Those fenders need 37s or bigger to look right. This truck is getting painted and then enjoyed. It’s so close to “some” it would be silly to start re doing things

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
You can get color matched Bed liner stuff. I think that looks good.
There’s some rubberized clear wrap stuff that works really well also. Not 3m. I tried for like 10 mins and couldn’t get a screwdriver through it. I’ll get the name of it.

That would be awesome. I’m sure the 3m stuff works great for street driven stuff but doesn’t hold up for off-road

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds