00-06 1st Gen Sequoia prerunners

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I think i've seen a couple but not that many. Thinking about going this route for my next street prerunner so I can haul around 4 people and stuff but going 4x4 this time to try some new trails out. Curious if anyone has seen sequoia fiberglass bedsides/ 1/4 panels too? Thanks

Reactions: J4Roe

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
I’ve never seen a company come out and say they make them but i know ive personally seen two done. Not sure if the rear was just custom or who it was done by. This was one of them ive seen.

Reactions: ucd baja

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Yucaipa
Roy ODRMSE did work to jono’s and it performs pretty good for having minimal stuff done to it. I don’t know where to find photos of it, so I guess I’m not of much help. Maybe @Turboyota has photos of Dave’s, which also performs well with not a huge amount of work done to it. By performs well I mean it cruises at a slower but comfortable pace, no full fledged prerunner.
Also, there’s this dude @team__west on IG
has half bedsides

Last edited:
Reactions: ucd baja

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I’ve never seen a company come out and say they make them but i know ive personally seen two done. Not sure if the rear was just custom or who it was done by. This was one of them ive seen.

Yes I want to do something like this and definetly custom rear glass and appears to be made into a 2 door? Possibly computer designed and not something made in real life.

Last edited:

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
D side front tire appears to be floating a couple of inches off the ground in the first pic. Good looking though. So funny you should start this thread. My girlfriend and I have come to the conclusion that we need a tow rig and something with 4wd that we can use in Mexico on the beach and N AZ for camping. Originally, I was telling her that we should get a 3rd gen 4 Runner. Maybe not for towing but for the 4wd and capability. Then we got off of that idea because right now the 3rd gen 4Runners are HIP to the HOP and going for insane amounts of money... $10,500 ???????????!!!!!!!!! WTFFFFFF?! So then I started brainstorming. What is something that there are a shit ton of with low demand? Tahoe. Tahoes are cheap AF right now in Phoenix. The only thing I worry about with a Tahoe is the 4L60 and possibly the motor itself. I see a lot of rebuilt motor/trans ads. Lot's of Z71 4x4 for $ 4 or 5k.... Then I started thinking again. Recently I was surprised to see that first gen Sequoia's aren't very sought after and there's quite a few going for that special $5k range. 180k on a Toyota is barely warmed up in my opinion. So I showed the GF some of the ones I've seen and she is in complete agreement. We're going to try and make it happen within the next 6 months or so. We figure we can afford to buy one with cash and have it sit as our 3rd vehicle/tow rig.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Sequoias are very reliable and can be picked up fairly cheap. Friend has bought 2 or 3 now for 3-6k at different levels. The 6k one was pretty dang nice with leather. The 4.7 goes forever and ever. The trans are good also. The rear ends that come with limited slip are also lasting longer we see. The wheel base is short so hopefully you do not want to tow anything really big. My 4.7 Tundra tows my large trailer with 88 4runner and 3 dirtbikes and all gear almost every weekend since the truck had under 500 miles.

Reactions: J4Roe

J4Roe

Chair Donkey
Sep 23, 2020
Phoenix
Sequoias are very reliable and can be picked up fairly cheap. Friend has bought 2 or 3 now for 3-6k at different levels. The 6k one was pretty dang nice with leather. The 4.7 goes forever and ever. The trans are good also. The rear ends that come with limited slip are also lasting longer we see. The wheel base is short so hopefully you do not want to tow anything really big. My 4.7 Tundra tows my large trailer with 88 4runner and 3 dirtbikes and all gear almost every weekend since the truck had under 500 miles.
Nah, only a truck trailer and maybe one day a center console boat but that would be it. Nothing substantial. Unless a truck trailer is considered substantial?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds