04 Ford Ranger xlt

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

LukeGalvin

Jun 6, 2021
I have a 4x4 04 Ranger torsion bar. Looking for a coilover conversion at stock width. Can't seem to find anything. Or anyone that can do something custom in Orange County?

Heer-O

King Shit of Fuck Mountain
Jan 23, 2013
Lake Elsinore
Why are you dead set on stock width?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jr.fab

Feb 22, 2010
Hell Cajon
I have a 4x4 04 Ranger torsion bar. Looking for a coilover conversion at stock width. Can't seem to find anything. Or anyone that can do something custom in Orange County?
Stock width with a coilover is not worth it. There's no space between upper arm and frame at droop. Your best bet is to get torsions from a v8 AWD explorer ( they're stiffer) And 2" lift keys. Then do a uniball upper to gain a little more clearance. And single 2.5 smooth body.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

LukeGalvin

Jun 6, 2021
I don't have the money to go wider right now. I was just hoping I could find something basic to improve performance and not have to worry about getting a long or mid travel like the btf kit.

Heer-O

King Shit of Fuck Mountain
Jan 23, 2013
Lake Elsinore
I don't have the money to go wider right now. I was just hoping I could find something basic to improve performance and not have to worry about getting a long or mid travel like the btf kit.
I hear ya on that one. But don't throw too much money at something that will only yeild marginal gain. Do what ya can with what ya got and save up. I'm in the same boat with one of my trucks. And I'm buying small things when I can afford to, in order to get the actual outcome I want.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

A.J.

OG
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
I’ve always wanted to try an air shock. Can get them pretty cheap usually. One of many ideas that will never come to life

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds