'06 Ranger Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south
Before I took a week off of work and went to the island, have not gotten much done. Since I have no help with lifting the diff out the truck, had to scoop up an engine lift...

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
Stock master works just fine with the Explorer brakes. Apart from correcting the spring perches, it's a bolt-in affair. Can even keep the e-brake if you choose to.

Reactions: taintstick

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south
From an earlier post about an abrasive blaster/compressor, I made the time to test it last night. Both are different sides of the diff but the rust was the same.

cp300

Nov 5, 2016
I am curious, what did you do about the brake line set up? Assuming you had drums before your swap like i have, i read somewhere that you can link the brake set up without having to convert everything.

Those brakes are definitely sweeeet! for the moment, i will be going with some regular brakes instead of drilled/slotted.
The brake line set up is completely different, Had to buy new brake lines and do some custom bends

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south
Working on cutting off the mounts and whatnot, would like some input as I just want to be sure I’m doing this correctly.
first photo is starting out second is a bit cleaner. But still need a bit go I think to knock them off

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
Phoenix
I think those tubes are 3/8” thick.. if you cut in a little just fill it with weld and grind and sand.
I used a cheap chinee plasma and didnt take my time. Said plasma has it own thread on its awesomeness.

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south
I’ll keep going at it then, I am no welder but I did buy a flux welder to learn. But when I take it to get the new perches and mounts put on I’ll ask them to fill in the gaps if I cut too deep. Appreciate it bud!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds