'06 Ranger Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

cp300

Nov 5, 2016
some brakeline photos for explorer to ranger swap. got 2 stock small rubber tails for the explorer and extended SS ranger line for deavers from nextgen and then custom lines to tie it together. also since lines sit on top of axel, custom "perches" to hit the stock bumps.... ful disclosure I had a buddy do all of the welding / fabwork.

Attachments

Reactions: taintstick

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south
That helps to get a viewpoint perspective, gotta do a bit of research on that this evening. Thanks!
I did happen to get all the mounts off and start disassembling one of the brakes to get an idea of components.

Finally got all the mounts off and ready to clean up.

Realized it was much easier to spin the axle on the stands for better angle. Also, making a couple cuts before hand as a start and end guide helped out

Tomorrow I will clean up the welds, remove the brakes and get all the rust cleaned off.
Debating on reusing the calipers, they seem to be fine, could use some cleaning and paint. What do you guys think?

Reactions: themoneypit

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south
That’s what I was thinking, how much abuse could they have been put through. I’ll post some photos of the calipers tomorrow. Screw this time change, sun sets way to dam early

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south

Got the brakes all off and almost ready to blast this bitch. Curious if you guys think it would be ok to use the abrasive blaster (glass bead media) around all these components. I honestly do not trust myself to remove the axles and I want to clean off all the rust to paint.

taintstick

Sep 23, 2020
the deep south
Finally got to work on abrasive blasting the differential.

Then gave it a good wash

While I let that baby dry, I decided to do a little engine maintenance. A little dirty, but expected....left new/first right old

And then I got to the last two spark plugs...guess I’ll be needing to replace some seals and/or gaskets...right to left was front to back on engine

At least I now know why my truck has been puttin recently, now runs and idles perfectly, just have to replace them seals soon or I’ll have the same issue again
Back to the diff...

going with flat black for everything down under. still have some grinding to do from the old mounts but it was just time to get a nice base coat down...night and day

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
As a note, if you notice in the photo, looks like I’ll have to replace some axle bolts. A shop is going to have to do that for me.
Are you saying you will need a shop to replace the lug nut studs? If so, from the work you have done I would say you have the skills. I have done it on the side of the trail in the desert. Not hard.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds