12v coolers? What brand do you like?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
After a 4 day camp trip with the chinook the mountains on my coors light weren't blue and was thinking about the 12v refrigerator/freezers.
I was looking at the arb one on amazon and there are a bunch of other brands for way cheaper.
Not sure if the ARB is worth twice the $$ or its aimed at the brolanders.

ARB

Costway possibly same as smittybuilt? Seems to have great reviews and good price

D39B0086-57EF-418E-9B8E-5C851504D2BB.jpeg

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
friends all have Yetis or whatever and all that and their ice lasts like a week. I have a Coleman extreme 5 day and it works really well also. Not nearly as good as the expensive ones

Reactions: dose and AshtonP59

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
I also vote Rtic or whatever legit ice chest you choose. I've always been worried about the 12v fridges getting fucked from bouncing around too much. I was hoping somebody would chime in with a cheap 12v fridge that has a million desert miles on it and still going strong

Reactions: dose

Heer-O

Mega Member
Jan 23, 2013
Lake Elsinore / Lakewood
I had one about 13-14 years ago, when I was on tour with a band. The thing lasted 4 trips coast to coast and it worked great. The thing got bashed on and held up pretty well. It was rather big though. But it worked good. It ended up meeting it's demise when the half stack fell out of the van on it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: dose

Heer-O

Mega Member
Jan 23, 2013
Lake Elsinore / Lakewood
I think it was a Coleman.

But with the "technology" used in new coolers, I don't think I would bother with a 12v one. Unless you needed like 2 weeks of storage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

dose

Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
We have a RTIC cooler and I like it a lot. Except its heavy as fuck once its loaded.
Our ice also disappears because once it gets dark we switch from drinking cans to cocktails.
I'm getting ready to build out the interior so I thought a built in fridge would be sweet.
I'm still leaning towards that Costway fridge.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds