1968 Ford F250 1400 Type Have Fun Truck Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
I think if you watch the Michael Cox video of his bronco he shows the setup Barge is talking about.

I think. He mentions who built it, but I forget that too.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Also here is how I mocked it up to adjust location to get no bumpsteer. Slotted holes in the tabs to adjust height on swingers and the connecting rod lengths to move them in/out as needed. Cycled it many many times to get the location perfect.

Attachments

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
And I was sucking at taking videos of the truck mounting the motor trans etc but I'm going back and making new videos describing what I did and showing that to make the next video hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
OK no photos but spent half the day making some inner fender covers for a guy with a winch bumper to fill in a hole since he had to cut the inner fender up to match bumper.

ALSO i machined some tubing and starting making the mount for the PS box as well.. Now should I mount the box so the pitman arm is flat or at a slight angle doesn't matter since it will have heims connecting it to the tie rod between the swingers?

littlebird

Feb 26, 2019
NY
Theoretically, if the swinger the pitman connects to is much lower than the pitman, a slight angle will reduce the amount of upward and downward deflection the pitman experiences. If the pitman end and swinger are about level than level is fine.

Practically speaking if the box is a quality unit and is ram assisted it probably makes no difference.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds