1968 Ford F250 1400 Type Have Fun Truck Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
I know that the passenger beam is now in front of the driver beam for the driveshaft and other reasons.

I'm wondering if there was anything that prompted you to stray from that same order when doing the steering. It looks that the driver tie rod is in front of the passenger tie-rod. So front to back: driver tie-rod, passenger tie-rod, passenger beam, driver beam.

Any reason to go this route instead of passenger tie-rod in front? It seems that makes it so there is a larger distance between the driver beam and the driver tie-rod. I'm more so looking at it from a birds-eye view.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Got the front frame box portion tacked on and steering box mounted in place. Also installed the wheels/tires on the truck and bumped it out and it's forward about 1 1/2" from where i want it to sit in the fiberglass so get to move everything back to fix that before i do the radius arms for good.

Attachments

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
OK so mocked up fender on the tire and found the center of it and I had the front end mocked up 1.5" forward from the tire being center. Got all the mounts repositioned 1.5" back and starting on the radius arms in a few days when some material arrives. I am going to do bolt on radius arms and going to try to tie the coilover mount into it as well since the shocks are really too long for this front end but I don't want to bother selling them and then waiting 6 months to get more brand new ones shorter.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
OK so mocked up fender on the tire and found the center of it and I had the front end mocked up 1.5" forward from the tire being center. Got all the mounts repositioned 1.5" back and starting on the radius arms in a few days when some material arrives. I am going to do bolt on radius arms and going to try to tie the coilover mount into it as well since the shocks are really too long for this front end but I don't want to bother selling them and then waiting 6 months to get more brand new ones shorter.
Sounds like a lot of work instead of just trimming the fiberglass. Unless you're worried about hitting the core support or worried about the longer wheel base

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Been Laggin on photos/videos/updates but got the radius arms started/mocked up today. Going to have the coilover mount on the diagonal outer tube with plating to gusset it. Also the straight tube barely clear the axle shaft at full droop on one beam and full bump on the other and it will be 2
x.250 tube and plated at the ends to gusset it and have a small hole just big enough to clear the axle shaft throughout the travel.

Attachments

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds