1968 Ford F250 1400 Type Have Fun Truck Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
Brace the fuck out of it, make sure all the hot pipe is heavy gauge, and send it. The hot pipe is going to fatigue and crack with age/heat cycles so keep in mind this ain’t going to be a one and done area. The more you brace it, the better you weld it and the better the material you use, the longer it lasts

Reactions: 85yota

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Yeah I'm gonna brace the shit out of the mount and I'm thinking i'll do it off the cage with the flex pipe and stuff since I'm sure it won't be a one and done kind of thing. Im using stainless tubing and tig welding it all but I know it's not the strongest stuff.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Also would have an update today but a couple friends stopped by the shop and shot the shit. I haven't seen either of them in atleast 4 years so that took up most of the day. Boxed up a set of trailing arms to ship out as well that I sold.

Reactions: dose

dose

Creepy Camper
Jan 4, 2018
Mammoth Lakes CA
Also would have an update today but a couple friends stopped by the shop and shot the shit. I haven't seen either of them in atleast 4 years so that took up most of the day. Boxed up a set of trailing arms to ship out as well that I sold.
We always will have projects that need work. Good to spend times with friends

Reactions: the bodj and 85yota

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Exactly when people come to the shop and stop me from working I call them Time Vampires. Next thing ya know it's been a BS session for over an hour. If I was woring on something for a customer i'd hammer down and they would get the picture. I was working on my own truck so shot the shit for a while.

Reactions: dose and hxckidd

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds