1968 Ford F250 1400 Type Have Fun Truck Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
OK So I'm running the D70 with factory rear disc brakes AND it has a parking brake inside the rotor. Where should i look for a pair of cables that I can source to run up the lower links to a linkage setup to use the parking brake if needed OR should i just install a line lock for that just incase.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
You might be able to run 2 passenger side cables, they are longer than the D side ones. That would let you have a little freedom on mounting the 2-1 bar. Line lock would be much simpler and let you close off the rear brakes if you lost a line.

Reactions: 85yota

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
I'm interested to see this happen! I want to be able to pass inspection out here so I can DD the toy truck if I want

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
My friend with a 2nd gen Tacoma ran the factory brake cables down the lower links so I should be able to do the same thing on this but ill also install a line lock for front and rear incase I brake a line I can close it off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
i have been using a line lock for years on the rear of my truck. been working good. i have notice that when i lock it after a good run and they are hot, it starts to slip as it cools. i did have a time or 2 when it gave me some crap to un-lock. on a incline, i will still look for a rock for a back up.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds