Well no photo worthy updates for the last couple days but now everything on the backhalf is welded. Lower link mounts are fully welded to the frame on the inside so now I can primer/paint all of that before I do the plumbing and wiring. Also welded up the Upper links, I went with 1.75 " tube with 1.5" tube slid inside of it from bung to bung so it should be plenty strong now. Got those and a bunch of other parts off and primered and ready for paint now. If it wasn't so damn cold and rainy I would be painting the engine cage/frame to get ready for reassembly. The engine should be finished up in a week or two so that will be good to get that back and start. Gonna get my propane heater down to the shop and get that place atleast 60 so I can paint successfully.
OK well my dad has been helping me out with body work on the cowl extensions I added to match fenders. I also got everything off the front of the truck and firewall masked so I could apply some coats of steel-it to the cage. I ran out of paint but have more on order to finish spraying it, and I have a spray paint can of it as well to touch up any other spots I couldn't get into with the spray gun and gallon I was using. The cowl will get painted to match the truck so a bit of overspray on that doesn't matter and we have some more sanding and such to do on the cab/doors anyways before primer and paint.
Damn, been slacking this last week. Got the rear links, and radius arms coated with steel-it today. I got 3 coats on them, and tomorrow will flip them over and do 3 coats on top, AND then paint the beams. Getting closer to reassembly, which will be stalled a bit while I deal with the new house stuff after X-mas.
Ok so I got the links and radius arms all painted up. Then I got the rear axle brake lines on so I can weld the little tabs for that. I am using 3/16" stainless line with -3AN ends as well as the same length soft brake lines everywhere on this truck, front and back of links, radius arms, to all 4 calipers etc, so I can bring a couple spares just incase, which is why they look a little long at calipers BUT will be clear of everything so not worried at all.. I also have a couple line locks on the brakes after the master cylinder so if one brakes I can shut off the system to prevent any more fluid leaking out while I fix it. So now those are done and welded so I can clean that housing up to get it painted. Then in a couple weeks I will take that AND the front diff to my gear guy to get them done so I can reassemble those under the truck. Also got some primer on the backhalf, I will have to grind the spots where I weld on the dzus tabs to make the paneling removable, AND i will have to mount my floor jack and batteries, as well as bedside mounts too.
Ok got the rear axle painted, as well as the upper links and the beams. I am letting them dry tonight then tomorrow I will flip them over and paint any spots that i missed. Gonna pull off the diff cover to paint the inside of the truss area that I couldn't paint with it assembled. Also painted the rear brake calipers which will match the front calipers, AND painted my brothers Silverado front shocks which were super rust with steel-it as well.
Ok got the rear hubs all cleaned up and painted with some black paint. Also installed a set of bearing race's And wheel seals. Once I got that done today I finished up my battery boxes and mounted those behind the cab. Also I got a TE design 2.5 ton jack skid and mount and have that mounted behind the fuel cell as well.
Thanks. Progress will slow down for the next couple weeks when getting the house stuff figured out and the new shop space ready to move into, and then moving everything. The motor should be back in a couple weeks along so once that comes back I can reinstall that and start putting things back on the truck for the final time up front.