1992 ranger redemption

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Finally got the 9” completely tabbed for the 4 link. Still need to cut the spring perches off and then I can sent it to sand blast and it’s ready for steel it.
the housing is a factory center section that has been re tubed. I think Currie makes a housing like this? Plan is to run 35 spline axles and gear it to the moon. Shouldn’t have a problem with axles and flanged housing with the 4.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Is that 3/16 or 1/4 plate on the upper link mounts? Looks good.

And, I swear my housing in 2ghetto is the same one. Seems to be a stamped center with tubes sleeved in it. same big v-groove welds. It came super wide and I had it cut down.... Think it came from Currie. Mine was full floater set up though, so it had straight bare tubes

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Looks like a Speedway Engineering or Schreiner housing, that’s how my old one was. They splay out wider than stock housings and have that big V groove where they meet the tubes

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Is that 3/16 or 1/4 plate on the upper link mounts? Looks good.

And, I swear my housing in 2ghetto is the same one. Seems to be a stamped center with tubes sleeved in it. same big v-groove welds. It came super wide and I had it cut down.... Think it came from Currie. Mine was full floater set up though, so it had straight bare tubes
It’s all 3/16 with 3/16 overlays. I got lucky with this housing. My track width is going to end up being about 1/2” wider in the rear wich is perfect. Also couldn’t beat the free price from my boss. He said he has axles and a 3rd laying around somewhere for it but I haven’t been able to find them

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Must be nice doing an easter egg hunt for free truck parts at work..
I guess that’s just the perk of working at a shop that used to do a lot of offroad stuff. I picked up a McQueen carbon dash off my boss as well. Looks like it was mocked up in a truck but never ran. No holes for gauges just one for steering shaft

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
sweet. I went with 3/16" with 3/16" overlays as well for my lowers... need to put it all together.. and then build some uppers like you just did too...

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
sweet. I went with 3/16" with 3/16" overlays as well for my lowers... need to put it all together.. and then build some uppers like you just did too...
The uppers were a pain in the ass with an offset center section!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds