1992 ranger redemption

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Very nice! Super simple and clean. I was just gonna say how I like the layout because you widened the back section and kept it nice and low.

I was also gonna ask if you made the rear bump zone like a bulkhead.. then the pictures answered that! Reverse chronological guy! LOL.

Oh, and what length sway bar arms? I would expect that tube a little further back. Seems like barely a foot or so
Woah just noticed the pictures posted backwards.....weird. As far as the sway bar goes I’m just going to run one of the cheapie steel ones from kartek. I think about 17” long. Plan to run tabs off the link itself for the sway bar tie rod. I would have liked to move that tube back a bit and run it for the axle but with packaging I didn’t want the back half to stick way outside of the bedsides. The way it sits now that back tube is about 8 inches outside the bedside line meaning I won’t need a rear bumper. Since I don’t have all the parts for this thing yet it’s been kind of tricky trying to get all the measurements right for all the parts I plan to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^Ah, gotcha. I was wondering if maybe that was the plan. Then I thought it might be difficult because you have so much bump travel. Sway bar tie rod will have to have some length to make it clear.

And yea... this time I tried to get most of my parts ahead of time. MUCH more difficult when you don't have all the hard parts on hand. A lot of 2ghetto was built blindly like that. This hobby is too expensive to have all your parts at first!!

toyotacole

Jul 13, 2014
Got a few more tubes in the truck this weekend. Didn’t work on it as much as I wanted since I went to the sand show Saturday. Got the back half main tubes pretty much wrapped up
started on seat mount tubes
this is my first time messing with a 4wd cab and I’m almost certain the trans tunnel in these is much wider than the 2wd trucks due to the transfer case. This is making mounting these already pretty large seats even harder. Had to notch out a pretty good section of the trans tunnel just to get the seat to fit in there
I originally wanted to put the drivers seat on a slider but with the limited space it might be more trouble than it’s worth. Not sure what I’m going to do for the seat tube in front. Might need to miter it over the trans tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I've never done a rain gutter.... heard they are narrower?

But, the sheet metal on tunnel that is left looks pretty much the same as mine ... (2wd 94)

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds