1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
first of all. thank the prerunner gods that the sites back working again for all 4 and a half of us!!!!

lemme see if i remember how to do this
updates on the ranger are as follows: NONE
lol. been saving pennies for a torks converter.

in other news i took a big leap i was in no position for taking and bought me a duramax!
not really sure i want/ or even need one but it was a killer deal that i knew id kick myself in the ass for not at least trying out to see if its for me
ill post some info and pics on that since the ranger still sucks
2006 duramax crew cab short bed LBZ
50,000 MILES!
6 DISC CD CHANGER!!!!!!!!!!! - all metallica
fully loaded with leather and all that stuff and 100% stock
so far....im mc lovin it

ljubera0250

Mega Member
Jun 2, 2008
Hemet, CA
in other news i took a big leap i was in no position for taking and bought me a duramax!
not really sure i want/ or even need one but it was a killer deal that i knew id kick myself in the ass for not at least trying out to see if its for me
ill post some info and pics on that since the ranger still sucks
2006 duramax crew cab short bed LBZ
50,000 MILES!
6 DISC CD CHANGER!!!!!!!!!!! - all metallica
fully loaded with leather and all that stuff and 100% stock
so far....im mc lovin it
Congrats on the tow rig that's a huge update!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Reactions: marcytech

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
dont do a god damn thing to it and it will sell for 25K or more. people are still going stupid over the LBZ's.

Nice find!!
I did plan on doing some slight aesthetic changes. wheels and tires and a leveling torsion key kit. i was told a tuner wouldn't be detrimental and would help me with fuel mileage and stuff. its getting 18 right now which is pretty rad! cant wait to tow the ranger with it

Reactions: ljubera0250

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
I did plan on doing some slight aesthetic changes. wheels and tires and a leveling torsion key kit. i was told a tuner wouldn't be detrimental and would help me with fuel mileage and stuff. its getting 18 right now which is pretty rad! cant wait to tow the ranger with it
if you are going to go that far, lets do it right. dont buy a run of the mill torsion leveling kit, its gunna ride like shit. buy a set of cognito upper control arms so you get the extra droop and keep a decent ride. make sure you put a set of shocks on other than stock (dont use the lame ass shock extensions, the stock shocks already limit down travel, extension wont fix it once leveled). bilstein or fox or king or something built for the leveling kit will work best in the shock department.

as for a tune. this is a very touchy area. its very easy to feel the easy power gains and want more, you better be able to reel your ass back from wanting to push it. if you do a tune, get something like an autocal with efi live tuning on it from a reputable tuner (ridge runner tuning, unleashed diesel tuning, duramax tuner. stay away from PPEI or others who do it cheaper or canned tuners like the PPE, ATS, EDGE, and so on). i suggest sticking with either a single small tow tune (40-50hp max) or a DSP2 switch setup for a small tow tune and small econ tune. once you do this, i highly suggest buying a transgo jr for the trans and call up Mike Loverich at Inglewood trans for a set of his trim and shift springs (the transgo jr ones are known to break and cause shift tie ups, not good). Mike works out of Fullerton, tell him james carter sent you, he knows me all too well. He may send you to another place to actually buy them as im not 100% hes stocking them right now.

i can say this, for 100% bone the fuck stock, you will get more for it unless you plan on driving this thing till its dead

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
yeah uh im not doing all that. lol. i drive like a grandpa and didnt buy a diesel to go fast. i was talking about a eco tune IF AT ALL. not a performance tune that needs an allison with 50k on it to be opened up lol.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
yeah uh im not doing all that. lol. i drive like a grandpa and didnt buy a diesel to go fast. i was talking about a eco tune IF AT ALL. not a performance tune that needs an allison with 50k on it to be opened up lol.
Then dont do a damn thing to it. the trans will not like anything over stock power.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds