1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
the father-in-law has the PPE tuner and swears by it. bought it like 10 years ago though so nut sure what changed, they have (or had) a dyne in their shop. He's got that and the fuel lift pump. I believe thats all. Drives like a grandpa but gets on it when he needs to. He couldn't be happier. he got tired of the ride quality though and got a more comfortable commuter, kept the truck for truck duties. I have some fox shocks for the front if you decide to do keys, definitely get new keys, don't crank the stock ones

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
the father-in-law has the PPE tuner and swears by it. bought it like 10 years ago though so nut sure what changed, they have (or had) a dyne in their shop. He's got that and the fuel lift pump. I believe thats all. Drives like a grandpa but gets on it when he needs to. He couldn't be happier. he got tired of the ride quality though and got a more comfortable commuter, kept the truck for truck duties. I have some fox shocks for the front if you decide to do keys, definitely get new keys, don't crank the stock ones
alot has changed. those are outdated and run no defuel on the trans. bad juju.

waste of money to buy "lift keys". unless your torsion's are shot (his wont be at 50k miles), cranking the adjustment bolt will achieve the same exact thing as lift keys. lift keys are just 1500 torsion bar keys as they are indexed differently than the 2500HD trucks. they do nothing but make your wallet lighter

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
ive been lookin at some pictures of trucks and such and i probably wont even lift the truck at all. might use drop shackles to bring the rear down to a more level ride if anything. owned the truck for 4 days. no decisions have been made besides the fact that im not dumping thousands into it.

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
What? No bro you gotta do a coilover swap with spindles and arms on the front to make it ride good with bigger tires, and 4 link the rear with airbags so you can tow stuff down a fire road. Oh and you gotta put a tuner on it with an intake and a built trans with shift kit and a carbon fiber driveshaft to handle all those torques. Duhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
What? No bro you gotta do a coilover swap with spindles and arms on the front to make it ride good with bigger tires, and 4 link the rear with airbags so you can tow stuff down a fire road. Oh and you gotta put a tuner on it with an intake and a built trans with shift kit and a carbon fiber driveshaft to handle all those torques. Duhhhh

Hahahaha You’re right. What was I thinkin

Reactions: ljubera0250

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
so. i put in the brand new trans along with a brand new torque converter from edge racing converters. nothing else has changed in the truck. i now have a wild vibration between 1500-2000 rpm in any gear including neutral and park. im guessing its a unbalanced torque converter? anyone else got any ideas of things i should try before calling the company who made it?

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
i was gonna maybe take it apart and triple check that the converter is seated all the way and that its mated to the flex plate correctly. im sure it is but wouldnt hurt to double check. im prettysure the converter is seated all the way cuz its forsure pumping oil

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds