1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
make sure the center of the converter is actually going into the back of the crank shaft as well. if they put a different nose on, it may not be long enough. that will cause vibrations as well. The converter mounts could also be set back too far and when you tighten the bolts down, its drawing the converter in and unseating from the pump or splines of the trans.

Reactions: maxwell279

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
SUCCESS! i contacted the converter shop and his ego took over and didnt wanna admit fault. started blaming driveline, trans, and engine crank bearings. LOL
said to take the trans out and rotate converter 180* on the flex plate. as much as i knew that would change shit i tried it. didnt change.
pulled the trans AGAIN and at this point i didnt want to deal with the dudes attitude anymore so i took it to a local trans shop that said they would check it out.
turns out the shell was welded on crooked and had VISIBLE wobble in run out. they cut it open and re-welded and re balanced for 50 bucks. got it in and everything's operating smoothly once again!
i get that were human and people make mistakes. thats no biggie...but when you dont wanna help a customer because you dont wanna admit you fucked up....well thats just bad for business. im not here to name any names but the converter shop is well known and respected which blows my mind!

Reactions: Horunner

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I would send him the bill and this explanation. Give him a chance to fix it even if he would not admit it from the start. Best thing is he will give you your $50 and an apology. Worst case you get nothing... Which is what you have now.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I don’t want anyone else to go through the same hassles you have recently undergone. Transmission removal and stressing about vibration problems is no-fun-at-all.

If the original converter company doesn’t make things right, light ‘em up on the interwebz so so we can all avoid their cheesedickery.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
SUCCESS! i contacted the converter shop and his ego took over and didnt wanna admit fault. started blaming driveline, trans, and engine crank bearings. LOL
said to take the trans out and rotate converter 180* on the flex plate. as much as i knew that would change shit i tried it. didnt change.
pulled the trans AGAIN and at this point i didnt want to deal with the dudes attitude anymore so i took it to a local trans shop that said they would check it out.
turns out the shell was welded on crooked and had VISIBLE wobble in run out. they cut it open and re-welded and re balanced for 50 bucks. got it in and everything's operating smoothly once again!
i get that were human and people make mistakes. thats no biggie...but when you dont wanna help a customer because you dont wanna admit you fucked up....well thats just bad for business. im not here to name any names but the converter shop is well known and respected which blows my mind!
wow I thought you mentioned before using the same converter shop that built mine for my ranger, and they were so nice and helpful and great quality... but even the best have bad days... Sucks the customer service was shitty. total turn off.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
I would send him the bill and this explanation. Give him a chance to fix it even if he would not admit it from the start. Best thing is he will give you your $50 and an apology. Worst case you get nothing... Which is what you have now.
This would be the way i go. Hell, even tell him your coming down and want to have a chat. Show him the bill and say it was fixed after. be prfessional about it and see how it goes. if the dudes still a dick, light em up like Ryan said.

Reactions: KaiserJ

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds