1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
^^^that’s a function of settings, wire diameter, joint fitment, and technique.

220V vs 110V has nothing to do with it.
agreed, i can run like 6" worth of bead if i try hard enough with out blowing holes with my 220 welder

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Well good for you... HA.

No really. I know I can adjust and do all that and I make it happen when I need to, but it sucks. Welding on my 56 merc sheet metal is fine. welding on my recycled beer can Toyota sucks.

And I already admitted many times. Not the best welder (me not machine)

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Luckily I do have a 110v machine that I keep set up with .024 wire. Less parts swapping to get what I need done. But yeah, 18-20g sheet metal. Go in halves around the tube, use a cutoff wheel to hog out most of the material in a couple of cuts, then a carbide burr takes care of everything else. Make them overlap a bit over each other to help prevent blow out. But yeah, the stock paint/seam sealer suckkkks to weld through.

Reactions: smokeysevin

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
More firewall patching, painting of interior tubes and started shock mounts! So far it gets 21” of travel from where my bump stops are to full shock extension. I’ll probably strap somewhere around 19-20 depending on what the toe looks like. This is supposed to have no bump steer so we’ll see.
Up travel should be about 10” from my desired ride height so right in the middle.

Also welded some stuff and took a couple pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Nice work. Pretty much everything I did this weekend was a complete failure. So at least you guys got shit done. hahah

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Copy and paste from the Instagram for my non ig friends (turdmoweryota)
So the new front end is only 83” wide (awesome!) and it will be strapped at 20” of travel with almost 10” up from ride height.

I’m also super stoked that I was able to use the cnc pedal inside of the factory steering column mount as well as sneaking a tube through the firewall behind it. Pic dump with some mig blasts from tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds