1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
No that you had both what do you like better? Ranger or your full-size ?
oh thats a tough one. both?
Each one has its perks because they were VERY different builds.
the silverado was built around comfort. cage with front and rear stock seats (with harnesses). every interior panel was put back in and no bypasses made for a very dd friendly quiet and comfortable vehicle. and i had 5 comfortable and safe seats in it so i could have a bunch of friends together in it to laugh with on the "o shit" moments. on the freeway it was like driving a stock truck! super quiet with the occasional creaks from the cage.

the ranger is more of a all thrills purpose. something that isnt very comfortable but i can drive the absolute dog shit out of and its okay with it. 2 seater is kinda fun but no as fun as 4 or 5. and driving this thing on the freeway to and from the desert is less than desirable.

I WILL say this, i like i beams are better than a arms HAHA

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Barstow was a blast! The entire clean desert crew put on a great event all day. I was honored to be among the rest of the strapping lads cleaning up our desert!
The truck did epic all day Saturday but Sunday it started having a bit of a weird issue. The motor will cut out momentarily when in rough sections of whoops so basically every time it hits a hard hole there will be no throttle for a second. If I’m in a series of big holes there will be no throttle for that duration. I’m thinking there might be a lose ground, power, or connector somewhere. Too immediate to be a fuel pick up or pump issue. Idles and runs fine on the street or smoother dirt areas.
Anyways, here’s some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
loose engine connector was the culprit. cant believe i didnt spot it when i was out threre. the rain is currently washing my truck so it looks good on the trailer in glamis next weekend. anyone headed out there?

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Shout out to Wally and method for hook in me up with some new wheels for the ranger. Got them fitted up with some projects. Stayed on the old trusty 35/15 size because it’s been working for me and has been decently easy on my flanged axles and stock hubs. Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out

Borrowed my girls fancy camera and went a played photographer for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Psh. Gay.....

So, now that it's pretty much done (way I see it, at least) linked, front end, caged, interior damn nice and clean (I'm pretty sure at least? don't mamamember) do ya gotsss any other plans/ideas? I assume v8 but, I'm pretty sure you want to keep the clean and somewhat reliable, stock kind of, standing/feeling? Idk how to say it but, you know what I'm attempting to get at. Haha

Reactions: ucd baja

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
So, now that it's pretty much done (way I see it, at least) linked, front end, caged, interior damn nice and clean (I'm pretty sure at least? don't mamamember) do ya gotsss any other plans/ideas? I assume v8 but, I'm pretty sure you want to keep the clean and somewhat reliable, stock kind of, standing/feeling? Idk how to say it but, you know what I'm attempting to get at. Haha
no plans for a v8 as of now, however i am currently freshening up a sohc 4.0. decided to go with that cuz itll give me a pretty good power increase for not a whole bunch of dollars. still tryn to keep this as budget friendly as possible and a v8 would require much bigger parts everywhere that i just cant afford right now.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds