1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Went out for New Years. It was fun
Jumped the truck. Drove it a bunch. And love the sohc more and more.
also got a new camper shell for my duramax. Very happy with that. My girl and I love camping in it compared to a tent.
I made a little bolt in shelf for our heater for the cold nights. Can’t wait for the next trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
where does propane exhaust go when shell is on?
That is a tent heater. safe to use indoors. Smaller version then what I use in the trailer. They kick butt. That one is going to be too much heat for a shell if you ask me. In our group they run the even smaller round one that just goes on top of the propane can and it works great.

My inlaws run that one in their 32 foot motorhome on low in the kitchen and usually wake up too hot and turn it off.

Pro tip... That small bottle will probably only last you 6-8 hours on low. seems like enough time but when the kids go to sleep early it runs out by morning. we got the hose and bring a 5 gallon tank and use that. Like this pic:

Pin on Heaters, Woodstoves + More

Last edited:

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
This is the one the guys with shells I know use:

Amazon.com: Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy 3800-BTU Indoor Safe  Propane Heater, Medium: Home & Kitchen

This is mine. Double of what he is running. I run this on low to heat my whole trailer which is half tent material. Low only lights one side

Big Buddy Portable Heater

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
That is a tent heater. safe to use indoors. Smaller version then what I use in the trailer. They kick butt. That one is going to be too much heat for a shell if you ask me. In our group they run the even smaller round one that just goes on top of the propane can and it works great.

My inlaws run that one in their 32 foot motorhome on low in the kitchen and usually wake up too hot and turn it off.

Pro tip... That small bottle will probably only last you 6-8 hours on low. seems like enough time but when the kids go to sleep early it runs out by morning. we got the hose and bring a 5 gallon tank and use that. Like this pic:

Pin on Heaters, Woodstoves + More
yeah ive been using this one in my tent for about two years now and noticed that it made my shell hotter than hell. i typically use the hose and bigger tank set up with the tent but now with a shell i really only need it for a few hours and i shut it off. the shell stays warm all night afterwards!

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds