1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
never even knew they had tent propane heaters. That sounds sketch if there isn't much ventilation.. but I just saw they have oxygen sensors, etc.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
never even knew they had tent propane heaters. That sounds sketch if there isn't much ventilation.. but I just saw they have oxygen sensors, etc.
Oxygen sensor, tip over sensor. Been using it for like 12 years with me, the wife and the kids with no issues.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I use mine in my massive truck bed tent. Turn it on for 30 mins before I call it a night, and then turn it back on 30 mins before I decided to wake up and get dressed. I sleep great in my sleeping bag with sweats, and my dog gets covered with an old down comforter, so no need to keep it on all night.

Just used it yesterday, actually, to heat the inside of my brother's trailer while my nieces took naps lol

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Man, what fucking rock have i been living under? hahah. I honestly never get too cold in my truck tent. But, I bring a lot of bedding/blankets. I wasn't even cold when the water started freezing inside the tent. She probably was though. oopsie. hehe And aint no way I'm gonna pull that off with a baby.

sorry for threadjack Marcel.... but you DID teach an old dog a new trick. lol

Reactions: ljubera0250

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Man, what fucking rock have i been living under? hahah. I honestly never get too cold in my truck tent. But, I bring a lot of bedding/blankets. I wasn't even cold when the water started freezing inside the tent. She probably was though. oopsie. hehe And aint no way I'm gonna pull that off with a baby.

NO WORRIES. noting interesting happens with my truck anymore anyways so fuck it! im gonna turn this into a duramax camper thread hahaha

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005

We went heater because sleeping bags and blankets take up a lot of packing space. Now the kids sleep in one of those character overnight sleeping bags and are fine. Those take up no room.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
I had a friend who brought a car battery and inverter to use a heated blanket in the back of his truck. Worked awesome and started his truck to use the inverter on that to make coffee and jumper cables to charge the battery back up. Said his blanket would run off the battery for 2 nights on low no problem and 30 min if charging with truck at idle would charge it up for enough for another couple of days

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Got some China led bars for the ranger and I’m pretty impressed by quality so far. They have dual rubber seals for each lens and two mounting bolts on the sides similar to Baja designs to keep em angled right . They are 50 bucks each on amazon and I got 2 11” sections for my grille. I ordered one flood and one spot and swapped lense sections so the inner section of each bar is spot and the outer is flood. I tested one of em in the yard and it kind of blew my wig back!

Off

On

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds