1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Dang! Who woulda guessed that! I’ll try it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please report back on this. 99% sure I grounded my fucking intercom. I get same shit. More lights and accessories are on.. the more the whine is. Like a built in supercharger bro. haha.

Mine is Rugged Radios

reminds me of this vid of the danzio class 1 car. the audio of the whine is terrible. Crash at 1:13 is probably cuz the whine was so loud. hahah

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Update, took the ground off the intercom and it didn’t turn on.
Added a rugged noise filter and it did help, but not 100%
Headset wires are no longer ran alongside power cables.
Getting a new battery tomorrow!

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
well son of a bitch. maybe I will still try on mine
the only way its still work is if you have the intercom mounted to a steel panel thats grounded to the chassis. otherwise i dont see how the thing will get power to its power source from a ground in the radio wire.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
mine is mounted directly to steel plates welded to floor. so could maybe be possible if body of intercom is grounded. My truck body is for sure grounded.

Obaja

Jan 21, 2018
San Diego
I know I’m late to the light bar party but I have a 30” bar of the same oriental origin from the eBay. It’s more than enough light. Just the outer ambers are brighter than my headlights. I’ve done 50-70mph with it through all different terrains at night and it’s never been insufficient.

View attachment 223052
Do you have a link to this light bar? I'm looking for this exact kind

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Been driving the hell out of the truck lately. Each trip i get more comfortable and push it faster and faster. Found the breaking point of my 31 spline axles this last trip.
It was bound to happen at some point.
Decided that a full floater isn’t in the cards right now so I’m going to step up to 35 spline axles for now. I think they should last a while with my 35s! Well, I hope. Anyways here’s some pics from a couple trips in February

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds