1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
I would put it close.

I would much rather put a th350 behind it personally.

The converter is going to suck power and then the mass of the assemblies inside will eat the rest.

220 ft lbs ain’t bad from the sohc. I’ll bet it’s still an improvement.
There’s no way in hell a 4l80 will drop the wheel hp to that of a ohv engines output

A th350 puts me in the same place I am now with not having overdrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I know a shop had a crate LS3 with 4l70e trans ran on the dyno and it put like 335hp at the wheels. Swapped to a 4l80e trans and it put 330hp at the wheels. Not much dropped and tune didn't change except the transmission. Both stock converters too.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Ahoy cunts. Been a while since I’ve been able to hangout on here. Life changed a lot for me lately and the main change was my career. I’m no longer sitting on a computer all day refreshing the new posts page (lame) lol
Anyways. I bought another ranger cuz obviously I have a problem and I needed a pos work truck to drive to job sites and shit just until work gives me a truck.
1994 xlt with 300k miles. The paint sucks. The bed is dented to all hell and the shocks forsure have no more oil in em. I think the motors been rebuilt Not sure tho. Anyone wanna change the rear main seal on it? It leaks a quart every two weeks
Also if anyone has interior pieces. I’m lookin for seats, sun visors, and all/any rear ext cab plastics.

Reactions: Turboyota

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Are they individual buckets? My truck has a center console

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips