1993 ranger rebuild

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
the prerunner is here. i got the windows tinted? hows that for an update.
also, i tore the back half apart and re painted all the tubes back there to freshen it all up. i think im gonna take it down to cars and coffee in san clemente this weekend!

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
the prerunner is here. i got the windows tinted? hows that for an update.
also, i tore the back half apart and re painted all the tubes back there to freshen it all up. i think im gonna take it down to cars and coffee in san clemente this weekend!
Shit wish my truck was together I’d meet you there for some joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ljubera0250

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
Well the wind blew the cover off this thing so I decided to atleast take some finished photos of the back half repaint. My cell was all rusted and shit so I decided to paint it with steel it. Pretty stoked on the outcome

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
So my daily (4.0phv) is runnin pretty rich. You can smell it pretty bad. Any ideas on what sensors to check or clean? No engine codes

84projectford

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
If you have a scan tool that you can hook up, be a good idea to look at fuel trims and see if it’s going into closed loop when warmed up.

See if the coolant temp sensor is working correctly

See if the O2 sensor is switching back and forth

If nothing shows up there, look to see if the pressure regulator is leaking through the vac port and pushing extra fuel into the intake. Just start it and pull the vac line off and look for fuel coming out (you can check this first as it’s simple enough)

Otherwise may need to pull the injectors and have them cleaned. Could be leaking.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds