1995 F-150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Other than a little more attention to tolerances/QC and some red powder coat, Red heads are the same thing as a Vatozone box.

Same with a Howe box or any other rebuild. They are all using sector shafts from the same vendors. Ain't nobody making sector shafts out of 300M.

Reactions: littlebird and A.J.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park, Commiefornia
Other than a little more attention to tolerances/QC and some red powder coat, Red heads are the same thing as a Vatozone box.

Same with a Howe box or any other rebuild. They are all using sector shafts from the same vendors. Ain't nobody making sector shafts out of 300M.
The extra attention to detail when it comes to fitting ball bearings on the worm and piston assembly was worth the extra $100 to me. I used to be all about the lifetime warranty vatozone accessories but the last time I’ve had to replace an alternator, power steering pump, or now a gear box, they’re special order anyways, why they don’t have those on the shelf of every autozone globally considering millions of vehicles still on the road today use all those things but

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikey09120

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
You are a lot more likely to find 80's and 90's Ford parts on the shelf in Baja than you are here. I walked in a ensanada store and got a power booster for a 94 ranger, they had 2 different models on hand.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park, Commiefornia
finally decided to tackle my body mount bushings, for those of you wondering, its not bad if you have a 1/2" impact, and you can make a puller very easily out of readily available parts from your local hardware store. I used 7/16" coarse all thread, a nut, a washer, a random piece of plate i had, and a 3" by 8" piece of pipe, and it worked like a charm. I was able to get the four front ones done pretty quickly but ran out of time, I will tackle the final 2 sometime this week after work.
IMG_3493.jpg
IMG_3494.jpg
IMG_3495.jpg
IMG_3504.jpg
IMG_3506.jpg
IMG_3510.jpg
IMG_3511.jpg
IMG_3512.jpg

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park, Commiefornia
new seats finally showed up yesterday, really stoked at the color match to the factory ford gray and the cushion is really nice too. If youre in the market for seats give these guys a call, this is Hunter Safety Products which is the Beard family, they just cant use the name anymore because they sold it to whoever bought Beard.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds