1995 F-150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
I wondered about those and I was afraid that HSP stood for Hunsacker Safety Products but was too lazy to actually look them up. Good to know they are made by beard family of legit products. Legit suspension seats is one of my favorite upgrades, I hate sliding around in stock seats, its amazing how far people will build a truck and not address the shitty factory seats. (y)

Last edited:

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park, Commiefornia
I wondered about those and I was afraid that HSP stood for Hunsacker Safety Products but was too lazy to actually look them up. Good to know they are made by beard family of legit products. (y)
I met Levi at the Mint 400 a couple years back and spent a couple hours chatting with him, really liked the vibe i got from him, their prices are killer, the seats passed the butt test at the booth and theyve worked REALLY hard to get fabric that matches OEM interior colors

Reactions: ucd baja

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park, Commiefornia
I ended up purchasing the solo seat mounting kit to adapt the seats to my stock sliders, one thing that was a concern was head clearance especially once I cage the truck (I'm 6'5), so Andy was nice enough to help me cut down the upper slider and weld on the mounts, which should buy me 2-3" of head clearance. Cleaned up the sliders and hit them with a couple coats of spray paint. They look ok other than the front mount part which seemed to have run because of the angle. Tried cleaning it up and repainted it a few times and it got a little better but ultimately just decided to say screw it and send it.

IMG-3715.jpg

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park, Commiefornia
It's a pain, but putting washers on the backside of rivnuts and using green loctite really helps keep them from working loose and spinning.
im interested, when you say washers on the backside, do you mean butt the washers up against the flared part of the rivnut? or do you mean a washer with a larger enough ID to go around the flared part?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Washer just big enough for the rivnut to go through. Helps spread out the load. The loctite helps tie everything together. Usually a 2 person operation.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds