1995 F-150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
nothing super new with the truck, got the race radio wired up and working for the most part, thing kills my battery if i dont drive the truck which is annoying, not really sure how to go about avoiding that, if its even possible (im ignorant when it comes to radios but seems like you dont want to do anything but wire it straight to the battery.

Still been driving the truck fairly often

Shakedown run after the bed cage with Mikey, Bruce, Austin, Derek, and Dave Watts

Little Big Bear over nighter with Will Beck

IMG_9175.JPG

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Got a free stabbin cabin from my buddy Jessie

I've honestly missed having the lockable storage and regret selling the one i had on the truck a couple years back. This is a 95' vintage stockland that came off of the previous owners Lightning, then Jessies single cab work truck, and now my truck. No carpet inside this thing which is preferable actually since I can just hose everything down still. It needs some new locks and lift gate shocks.

Guys running shells: Any tips or tricks for getting this thing to live while prerunning? do I hard mount it, use the standard clamps everyone else uses on their shells? make some kind of bushing setup? The only other dude I know running a shell personally has steel plates tied into the cage holding the shell down, and its lived just fine for YEARs, its got as many dirt miles in baja as anything else down there.
IMG_9977.JPG

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Hell yeah dude!

As for the radio, you can do a battery switch so you can kill the battery. Running the radio through that shouldn’t interfere too much, if the switch is close to the battery. You can always add a noise filter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S00TLYFE

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Hell yeah dude!

As for the radio, you can do a battery switch so you can kill the battery. Running the radio through that shouldn’t interfere too much, if the switch is close to the battery. You can always add a noise filter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good idea although AJ did point out that it shouldnt have any draw while being switched off. i just dont know what else could be causing this since its the only new major electrical component ive introduced. but im probably due to check grounds and connections again anyways

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
From what I’ve heard steel backing plates are the way to go to have the shell last through dirt miles.
This and slide it as far back as possible so the the ford frame flex doesn't cause contact between the top of the camper and cab. I have seen the top of the bed hit the cab on non caged trucks so the camper shell will hit before that if your not careful.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds