1995 F-150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Man, photo sharing sites sure are great at screwing up a build thread. Got some down time so I'm gonna update this finally since DR appears to be back.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Pics from the 1000 a couple days later. Missed the 51st and going back through these pictures has me itching to back.

Views from the house, which even came with a watch dog

Even got to hold a jaguar cub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Worked and traveled all over the world for work last year, got married, moved, and a bunch of other things and the truck got put on the back burner for the most part, here are some pictures to prove it actually saw dirt once or twice.

The short lived stabbin cabin

Reactions: yltaco05

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Truck came without a hitch, but had all the other tow package options, rear bumper was jacked up and I figured for just a little more money than direct replacements I could have something really nice, so I ordered some Solo Motorsports bumpers. Super impressed with the quality of these things, ended up rattle canning them with the intention of powder coating them this summer, but I’m glad I waited and now plan to coat them with black steel-it.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Spent my free time after work for a couple weeks sanding and painting the frame, swapping rivets for grade 8s and stovers, and installing my Desolate shackle/hanger combo.

This stuff is all getting cleaned up and hit with black Steel-It next time it’s apart.

The truck also got a 38 gallon rear tank so that I can delete the front saddle tank for what’s coming next, truck will be getting dropped off to Mikey at Fablab for a fuel tank skid soon.

Made a nifty little fuel pump extension rather than use the cheap/crappy stock fuel pump extension...gotta get the most of all 38 gallons of gas guzzling glory

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
The truck still isn’t 4x4, finally have all the parts to do it, just need the time, and I’d like to have my 4x4 trans gone through before it goes in the truck.

Was talking to Greg at Desolate about a price on a regeared 3rd member, but I’ve always loved his other products, next thing I know, this happened:

And it begins....

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds