1995 F-150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
did that problem you had a while back end up being the head gasket?
everything else looks sweet!

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
did that problem you had a while back end up being the head gasket?
everything else looks sweet!
Hey man, no thankfully it was not, I happened to be checking fluids and noticed a bunch of muddy sludge in my coolant as well as loosing coolant but then I remembered one desert trip I lost a radiator cap and I’m assuming the cooling system took a bunch of dust and finally got it out of the system.

Flushed it and she’s good to go, so far anyways the truck runs great. Thank you for the compliments, how was selling the ZJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
I still have it, lol.
At one point my dd went down for some maintenance stuff and it was really nice having a 3rd truck to drive around still. (My f100 is just always broken, let's assume)

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
This is build is going to be exciting! Are you going to do swing steering?
Probably not, the stock stuff works pretty well, when it finally wears out I will probably try the HD/Ambulance steering stuff, there are guys beating the crap out of their stuff with that steering and it’s living and cheap.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
A little more recent progress...will she be ready for hammers? Time will tell, but this thing is gonna be sick and maintain the sleeper status whenever it does.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Cool little truck. Makes me miss my 95 e cab. I liked the chrome grille better but that is personal taste.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Cool little truck. Makes me miss my 95 e cab. I liked the chrome grille better but that is personal taste.
I’m back and forth on it myself but I am gonna run the solo brackets to tuck a light bar behind the grill, long story short it involves hacking up the drill and the OG was mint and my buddy wanted a clean Oem one so I gave it to him.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Killer truck. Got any pics of the upper rear shock mounts? What length shocks you running back there?
Yeah lll take some and post them up once everything is finished. The shocks are raptor takeoffs I forget the dimensions off the top of my head by they worked perfect. Truck strapped at 17” limited by the deavers I have on there. Pretty happy with it considering the shocks and material literally cost me $500 including having them re valved for this truck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds