1st Gen Tundra Repair/Prep

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
id think either is fine. i had planned to do a spacer on my rear bumps if i went up to 35's to limit up travel/keep tires out of the doors.

Reactions: SByota

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
That would be one hell of a thick spacer on the arm. I would extend with tube like mentioned. Personally I would just bite the bullet, cut it off and re install correctly. But only if it were on my truck. My friends truck would get a tube spacer

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Or just add a thicker strike pad to the arm
That would be one hell of a thick spacer on the arm. I would extend with tube like mentioned. Personally I would just bite the bullet, cut it off and re install correctly. But only if it were on my truck. My friends truck would get a tube spacer
It’s getting a tube spacer. One I painted the lower arms already and the spacer is easier. If it were my own truck, I would cut the cans off and do it right. This not being my truck, getting it not to smash the fuck out of the shock is good enough.

DP_Ranger

Mar 13, 2010
dana point
I would revalve the shocks, add a bypass, and ditch those bumps all together. Just my opinion
But with the way your buddy drives it’s probably a better idea to leave them in LOL

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
I would revalve the shocks, add a bypass, and ditch those bumps all together. Just my opinion
But with the way your buddy drives it’s probably a better idea to leave them in LOL
Thats my “phase 2” plan I’m laying out for him. I need to unfuck it first and get it operational again. He probably needs to save some money too.

sc610

Jan 28, 2011
Santa Cruz
How did that arm get such a fat dent with the shock bumping out before the bump?

Also, I think the OD of the bumpstop is a little bit under 2.5", which is is why the slit of the can allows you to pinch it. I think a straight piece of 2.5" as a spacer might slip over the lip of the bump.

Edit: the dent is from the stock rubber bumstop

Last edited:

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Not even close to right. How ghetto is it to just cut a spacer from some 2.25” tubing to make a spacer to extend the bump can a little. I really don’t want to cut off the old bump cans and redo them.
View attachment 224517
The previous owner of my tundra did the same thing with the spacers. I took them off and found it was bumping on the shocks so he did that. I guess it works lol

Reactions: sc610 and SByota

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds