2 Door TTB Explorer Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

mconcha

Señor Member
Aug 24, 2007
SD
It’s nice to see low budget not-so-serious builds. I’m a fan of factory parts, shit that looks stock and slightly lifted. Reminds me of the red blessjr (sp?) expo but in a 2 door.

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
It’s nice to see low budget not-so-serious builds. I’m a fan of factory parts, shit that looks stock and slightly lifted. Reminds me of the red blessjr (sp?) expo but in a 2 door.
Yeah it kinda does have that vibe of the red one. My last 2 rangers are the inspiration behind it, I'm familiar with the platform and broncos are out of my budget.

Black Ranger 1.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Fired up the Coors Aided Design program and got the rear shocks mounted. There's a little bit of everything to make DR happy such as awful motion ratio, and some single shear mounting.

Slapped some tabs on the axle, yeah I bitched out and ordered them. To this point I had been sawing everything out of crusty .188 plate.

IMG_3192.JPG

Bump it out, push the top eye to the floor and you get the glorious bro lean seen here. Wheel spacers accentuating the giant King stickers nicely.

IMG_3193.JPG

Obviously I hate this, but I screwed around all summer building drag cars and compromises are being made to get this thing in the dirt. I figure the upper mounts better be bolt on to facilitate easy disposal of this nonsense. Right about here is where I was wishing I had just built another pickup truck.

IMG_3191.JPG

I was tempted to leave it like that, but it had fatigue failure written all over it, so I added a few more mounting points.

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

And somehow that whole ugly mess actually unbolted and could be removed

IMG_3199.JPG

I'll church it up a bit when I weld it up and add a few gussets. Holes will be drilled live in the side plates once it warps to death after welding and I beat it back into its home.

Attachments

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Painted shock mounting contraption
IMG_3204.JPG

Installed it without a hammer, took a shower in some hot chips, and bolted it down. Thankful to be out from under that area of the truck.

IMG_3205.JPG

Had a little time left so I welded up the shackles in a mediocre fashion. Wish i had a tig, these would have looked a little better.

IMG_3206.JPG

Hoping to drive it around this weekend. Need to swap my locker to the 3.73 diff, burn the shock mounts on the axle, and assemble the rear suspension. Fenders are going to need some trimming so i'll probably try to handle that too. Goal is to get it in the dirt next weekend.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds