2 Door TTB Explorer Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Got it up to the desert this weekend. Took dirt up the pass Friday night, camped at the buttes and did around 50 mi of smashing around Lucerne and Barstow. Explorer ran great the whole time.

IMG_3236.JPG

Ended up with a good group of solid trucks, one hood was up for about 5 min fixing a loose ground other than that just ripped the whole time
IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

Ford commercial circa 1990
IMG_3245.JPG

FullSizeRender (11).jpg

And of course

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

Impressions:

-Rear end ate everything up despite the shock angle that "will never work" Maybe a little less rebound though I didn't bother turning tubes.
-Front end is soft on compression, maybe needs a little less rebound as well. Worked good if i had the balls to keep my foot in it or where it could pop over holes.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Impressive! I think this is where we all should take note. You are out in the desert enjoying the hell out of this thing already!!! No 3 yr multi billion dollar build. I mean how long from day 1 till the dirt!?

Good job, and way to set an awesome example for others to see. This is what it's about.

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Impressive! I think this is where we all should take note. You are out in the desert enjoying the hell out of this thing already!!! No 3 yr multi billion dollar build. I mean how long from day 1 till the dirt!?

Good job, and way to set an awesome example for others to see. This is what it's about.
Thanks! Glad to see you get what I'm after

I took it apart July 4th of this year but really didn't start hitting it heavy until the first weekend of September. So 4 months give or take which is longer than I had originally hoped.

As soon as I pulled the beams off my brother came home with a big ol turbo and an LS engine for his Pontiac, so I got a little side tracked for a month or so.

Everyone that sees it says broooo what a sleeper! Siiiiick!! I didn't intend for it to be a sleeper, aftermarket wheels cost money and tube bumpers take time to build. If sleeper means lazy then yep got that right!

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
mjlogan is a budget build missionary. Spreading the word of truck usage far and wide with his message of reduced build times and realistic project costs. I will strive to adhere to your teachings, oh enlightened reverend of truck completion.

mjlogan

space cadet
Feb 9, 2007
ontario ca
Working on a mini bumper idea to finally get my swap meet hella 4000's mounted. While the $5 amazon lights work suprisingly good they are getting a little rattly and hard to adjust.

Grabbed some scrap tube out of the pile and mocked this up. Will bolt to stock bumper mounts, go through the opening in the bumper, and tie into the typical steering protector hoop below the frame.

IMG_3541.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_3543.JPG

Also picked up a TIG welder and damn am I out of practice. Bolt on flags for the front mounting points on the bumper. Fit the caps up like I was gonna MIG them haha.

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG

runners_pre

Sep 18, 2010
Rialto, Ca
Dam I just realized that your the dude I met at your shop in Colton, I remember checking out the white ranger and you had a bunch of Baja bikes. I picked up a Mazda Navajo 2 dr for 300$ running and I have about 4500$ into mine. I’ll be picking your ear a lot I’m sure haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mjlogan

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds