2 Piece Drive Shaft and 4 Link

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

socalkid92

Nov 9, 2010
National City, CA
What is the optimum location for a 2 piece driveshaft to connect at the 2 u joints in the center on a 4 link setup? Is it at the same pivot point as the lower link? Upper link?

I have a 4.0 with a c4 trans on an extended cab ranger.

I have a drive shaft that was given to me by a friend where the u joint is at approximately the same point as the upper link pivot point off the frame. I can possibly get it shortened if needed.

I still haven’t built a crossmember for the carrier bearing either so that can be put anywhere.

84prerunner

2:AM Fabrication
Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
Cool that sounds good! Do you know where I could get a good carrier bearing that will hold up to abuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best bet is to run a fixed yoke at the trans and a regular rubber type bearing. A fixed yoke eliminates most of the force that kills the bearings. If you have to run a floating bearing a solid bearing like barge posted is the best bet, that’s what I run, but you do get more vibration in the cab.

socalkid92

Nov 9, 2010
National City, CA
Best bet is to run a fixed yoke at the trans and a regular rubber type bearing. A fixed yoke eliminates most of the force that kills the bearings. If you have to run a floating bearing a solid bearing like barge posted is the best bet, that’s what I run, but you do get more vibration in the cab.
Cool the trans actually already has a fixed yoke, supposedly it’s built with billet internals and all the goodies but I never opened it to check.

Reactions: partybarge_pilot

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
A fixed yoke saved carrier bearings. I run a rubber cased bearing and it’s been 3 years with 0 issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: socalkid92

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds