2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew (Slow) Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

F150pete285

Jun 13, 2017
Hey guys

so i thought i would start a build thread on my truck, very slow build lol

I have my 2001 Ford F-150 Supercrew 2wd, which i have had for probably close to 5 years now. Out of all the trucks i have owned, this has been my most favorite truck. Plus i just love the looks of the supercrews.

When i first got the truck it just had lift spindles. everything else was bone stock.

started doing little things here and there, exhaust, wheels and tires, radio all the cool little shit lol.
The goal is to go full LT, cage and link it but like everyone else being able to finance building a offroad truck is always a struggle.

Recently i have been doing some work to it
i decided to build my truck into a little go getter, that i can go have some fun in the desert and still use as my DD until i can afford to build it the way i want.

Still using the 3" lift spindle, i installed bigger coil springs and found a set of the old fabtech upper control arms.
i wanted to use a bigger shock, so me and a buddy thought it would be cool to use a king smooth body to replace the stock shocks. So i ordered a set of King 2.0x8 smooth bodies w/ a resi.
We just cut out the old shock mount above the coil bucket and fabbed up a bitchin shock tower for the longer shocks and wow what a difference in ride and performance!

During all this i came across a set of King 2.5 x 8 triple bypass shocks, at such a good deal that i couldn't pass up, for the rear.

So as of right now my truck has Kings in all 4 corners and it is a night and day difference in ride quality!

I am still gathering all my parts, fiberglass, going to run 37's, custom bumpers, jack mount, lights. all the good stuff.

Here is the truck as of today (i will upload pics of the rear later, didnt feel like crawling under there)

Hope to get some cool ideas from everyone, really looking forward on building this thing more!

Attachments

F150pete285

Jun 13, 2017
Yeah that's my train of thought too lol
i try to work on it as much as i can during the week so the weekend me and the family can go adventure

F150pete285

Jun 13, 2017
Said Fuck It and going for it
Got myself a little daily so I can start my dream truck build.
Ordering my BMS long travel kit next week w/ 2.5 race hubs and on the search for used shocks, rear end and links.

Going to be putting all my shocks up for sale and anything on the truck real soon.
Let me know if you guys are interested or know anyone

*Wheels are already sold

Super stoked to finally get this thing going!

Attachments

Reactions: themoneypit

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Nice!

Put something under the front when you cut the back off!

White truck the daily?

F150pete285

Jun 13, 2017
Truck is coming off the rack tomorrow, just puttping some stockers on until the whole tear down starts!
Wish that was my daily haha my bosses luxury prerunner nate at blitzkrieg built

Reactions: bullnerd

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds