2001 sport trac

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Bajaranger1

Nov 18, 2021
Ensenada
And non rebuildables? I am in Baja right now and my rig is bouncing like a pogo stick in the sand. I really need something that is better dampend or adjustable. A friend mentioned that there are several new off road shock brands that are worthy replacements. I forget at the moment their names, but I am asking around for good suggestions.

Bajaranger1

Nov 18, 2021
Ensenada
Also curious about the 2"inch lift that seems popular. I drove my old F100 all the way down to Guatemala and back with a stock rig on 31x10.50x15's and never got stuck. That's why I am thinking of leaving my Sport Trac stock. But maybe I am missing something besides the looks?

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Nobody that I know of makes a stock length shock. But you could get ones from a different application that match the lengths of yours now. Collapsed is most important so shock doesn't bottom out before bump stops.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
+1. Going to need to get creative to find a decent rebuildable shock to fit in stock location.
2.0 remote reservoir would be my recommendation. 2.5's likely won't fit

For non-rebuildable, Fox has some "factory" replacements. Bilstein 5100 and 7100s are decent also.

Reactions: 85yota

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Yeah getting a stem mount to eyelet adapter might make finding shocks a little easier but unless you revalve them yourself you are probably better off with the bilsteins of non rebuildable oem replacement performance shocks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds