2003 F150 School Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

YZRacer408

Nov 30, 2011
OC california
^^ should take him up on that offer. Stronger and cheaper then a Schreiner. A lot heavier tho. Also 6x6.5 lug pattern you can get wheels next to free from TT teams on the used market. Id recommend making a trip to the leduc swap meet or have a friend that maybe lives out here go for you.

superdannyboy

Nov 1, 2019
dallas, tx
^^ should take him up on that offer. Stronger and cheaper then a Schreiner. A lot heavier tho. Also 6x6.5 lug pattern you can get wheels next to free from TT teams on the used market. Id recommend making a trip to the leduc swap meet or have a friend that maybe lives out here go for you.
I'm actually googling dana70 now and reading about it.

I don't have many friends man and don't know anyone in California, well outside of Texas really so although I hear great things about the leduc swap meet I can't just go pick up parts in California.

84projectford

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
D70hd aint a bad choice, specially if its GM van width. dually 14 bolt with a disk brake conversion is a better choice (dont confuse it with a new body style aam 10.5" rear axle, if it has disc brakes stock, 99% of the time, its an AAM not a GM Corporate 14 bolt). TONs of options for a 14bolt, usually the cheapest option to build and come factory with a pinion support. Later AAM 10.5" "14bolts" as some guys confuse them with do not have a pinion support and other internal differences. They use to make hubs that changed the14bolt from 8x6.5 to 6x5.5 but not sure if they still do. think it was spider trax.

you have the abilities to machine the hub and re-drill to 6x5.5. i would for sure do that.

superdannyboy

Nov 1, 2019
dallas, tx
D70hd aint a bad choice, specially if its GM van width. dually 14 bolt with a disk brake conversion is a better choice (dont confuse it with a new body style aam 10.5" rear axle, if it has disc brakes stock, 99% of the time, its an AAM not a GM Corporate 14 bolt). TONs of options for a 14bolt, usually the cheapest option to build and come factory with a pinion support. Later AAM 10.5" "14bolts" as some guys confuse them with do not have a pinion support and other internal differences. They use to make hubs that changed the14bolt from 8x6.5 to 6x5.5 but not sure if they still do. think it was spider trax.

you have the abilities to machine the hub and re-drill to 6x5.5. i would for sure do that.
I was just reading about the AAM and corporate on another thread.

Yes we can machine the hubs.

superdannyboy

Nov 1, 2019
dallas, tx
I have a stripped Dana 70HD I was using on fullsize project I will sell for $300. 36 spline axles, 3.5 .250 wall tubes. Comes with hubs and stock carrier, but missing one axle. I am in West Texas.
Is this all iron or just the center section?

So it has one 36 spline axle?

How far from Dallas are you?

superdannyboy

Nov 1, 2019
dallas, tx

Is the d70hd a 12 bolt?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds