2003 Ford Ranger Build on a budget

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
Nice work with that windshield bar. I can't imagine the pain it was trying to get the tubes in there while keeping the dash in place (I don't see any slits in the dash for remove-ability).
CTW definitely took their time in perfecting it haha, but yes the slits are made in the black cover.

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
This truck looks like too much fun. Reminds me of my ranger back in the day. Keep up the good work!
Thanks man! Appreciate that, been building this sucker since I was 16 and I'm 21 now. Have big goals to race this thing in the future but each step has been a blast. Just need to get that damn v8 in there.

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
Went to 37s, transmission did not like it, and killed itself. So I bought her a LQ4 with a 4l80e :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tanker Kranker

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013

Stripped and ready to go under the knife. New Kings to accommodate the front as well. Don’t ask how we got the truck on that trailer, shit almost slipped off three times in the process. That’s what happens when AAA refuses to tow it

Reactions: Tanker Kranker

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Who is doing swap? I need detailed pics!! I plan to stuff same basic combo in new build.

You plan to keep as much firewall as possible?

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
Who is doing swap? I need detailed pics!! I plan to stuff same basic combo in new build.

You plan to keep as much firewall as possible?
JRT Fabrication, I’ll be sure to snap pics with the progress. Yep, we’re not hacking the firewall.

johnnybj

Aug 31, 2013
A little update. Engine and tranny are in. Decided to rebuild the whole engine cage and inner fender delete. Added double bypasses to the front and moved the bump stop to the top. Pulling a little over 17" of travel. I picked up a Ron Davis radiator that'll be slapped in the front. Also did a master brake cylinder relocation kit. She's getting to her last stretch! Also picked up a tow pig, 2018 Chevy Silverado.
920D7982-6122-4786-B3AD-3B88A72A0AF2 by Paul McGrath, on Flickr
IMG_1744 by Paul McGrath, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_f6b by Paul McGrath, on Flickr
IMG_1576 by Paul McGrath, on Flickr

Reactions: charlie_brown

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^ TNT Fab makes some... so does WideOpen.

Not sure which one he has.

Any detailed pics of firewall, trans and engine mounting? ANything and everything would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds