2006 Toyota Tundra ABS early activation

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

armrunner

Feb 12, 2006
Hey dudes. Changed ring and pinion out today and after install i notice at very low speeds while applying the brake it seems abs is kicking and pushing back at me while stomping on the brake. Brakes work fine at higher speeds. 5mph or slower it seems to go wacko. Any of you Tundra guys have a fix for this? All i see on the web is talk about that actual sensors being dirty or bad but they worked fine before? Thanks for any info!!!!

-Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armrunner

Feb 12, 2006
Bump...i know someone out there has had this issue!!!!

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I can offer no input, my 01 is a non abs. What year is the truck and is it 2wd or 4wd? When you did the gears did you pull the axles from the 4 bolts on the housing or leave the flange bolted up and pull then from the end?

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

sc610

Jan 28, 2011
Santa Cruz
The sensors come out with one bolt. Have you checked them to see if they are dirty?

Was proportioning valve messed with at all? Were your brakes bled properly?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

armrunner

Feb 12, 2006
The sensors come out with one bolt. Have you checked them to see if they are dirty?

Was proportioning valve messed with at all? Were your brakes bled properly?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Ive checked the sensors. I dont think wether the brakes being bled right or not would affect this. If i had spongey brakes or if i had to pump them up here and there then i would have tried to bleed again. This is just abs freaking out and engaging. I have found one other person with the exact truck with same gears and has same exact issue.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds