2009 4x4 Ranger Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com

Bought as a 2009 4x2 ranger.
Snagged a low miles front diff with 4:10 gears, a manual shift 1354 transfercase, got the 4x4 hubs/spindles installed.

Got a rear axle. It's a 31 spline 8.8" out of a 1990 econoline. Has: 68" wms, speed sensor to keep auto trans happy. drive flanges that are able to be redrilled to 5x4.5". and the driveshaft flange works with my current driveshaft. Decided against a 9" as it has none of the above. WIll be getting an e-locker and 4.10 gears to match the front diff.

Didn't take a picture after work but I removed the spring perches and shock mounts already. T

Some updates. Big things coming soon!

New tool cart (Don't you dare ask what brand. All I will say is it was $107)

Surprise! 2.5x10 FOA coilovers
We will see what kind of quality this new batch of shocks has to offer

Also, my fiberglass panels came in this week!

Got the stock shock towers off as well as the rest of the torsion bar bullshit. Cleaned up the frame

got the fiberglass mounted and some other doo-dads

Just waiting for bushings to start my arms.

And the HF toolcart is well worth the money. Especially if you wait until theres a good coupon for it.

Last edited:

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
Building a 4wd version of your old truck?
Somewhat. This one will be 5 inches wider per side as opposed to the 3 inches wider per side on my old truck. Also going with +5 arms and of course sitting on coilovers. This one also has the 4.0 and the plan is to link it under the bed eventually. Basically: old truck+4x4+more badass=new truck

Last edited:

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
Extremely rough mock up arms yielded about 15" of good travel with axles in place.

Could push for more but don't want to stress the inner tripod joint. That is what is limiting my droop travel. Tires contacting fiberglass/inner fenders may prevent some bump travel but I will find out tomorrow when my 35" mtr kevlars come in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds