2009 4x4 Ranger Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
How much up travel do you have in the back? My toyota had like 4 or 5" and it was nowhere near enough (with 15" of travel).

Demo1986

Aug 1, 2009
Long Beach CA
I went 5" over with 35x12.50r15 MTR Kevlar's on 15x7 Method Standards with very minimal rub. If I were to do it again, I'd go with a one-piece front clip and 6-7" over... and 37's of course. But that is just me dreaming. Everyone with the dixon kit (4.5" over) says they rub everywhere all the time, even with 33's.
IMO That would be the ideal 4x4 width for our trucks. I would at least consider a Custom knuckle that adds 1-1.5" to get more 4wd travel and clear 35's out the box!

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
No. I got rid of the extended shackles when i flipped and moved the hangars back. Just this past week, I dropped the hangar's 3" with a new rear crossmember and mounts for my viair on board air system. Pics to come soon.

Mikerider

Feb 27, 2009
Pics of the drop hangers set up? I am running the kartek 1.5" drops and its not enough height with all the weight in my truck.

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
Any updates? Also, if you don't mind my asking, how'd you run the ABS disconnect?
I just pulled the fuse for now. I had it on a switch to turn ON/OFF as needed but ended up keeping it off all the time.

I have a wilwood propotioning valve I'm going to put in.
When I do that, I'll actually remove the ABS module and replumb the lines. Thinking I might want a "hoon handle" plumbed in as well along with a line-lock as a second parking brake (still have factory 9" parking drum brakes)

How is the stock rack and pinion holding up? Any issues?
No issues at all. Aligned it and checked for play with none found. I can let go of the steering wheel for about a 1/2 mile on the freeway until I have to correct it. Very stable with no play. Kind of surprised as I'm on factory bushings as well.

I plan on pressing them out and making room for the universal polyurethane bushings I had bought at the start with the plan to make tube arms.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds