2010 raptor build. Project elraptoro

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

CGILES01

Feb 4, 2009
EDIT- OOps. Didn't know we were dealing with someone who is indestructible and lives through everything. Weird why you would even put harnesses in then but whatever. Carry on building with no advice since you know everything. I'm out.
Never said I know everything I know it’s not ideal to have harness with out a cage but I also don’t like sliding around in my seats with the stock seat belt. I have lived through a lot broken femur from a motorcycle accident then was overdosed while in the hospital broken vertebrae in my back. Been hit by a car in a parking lot and I could go on but I don’t really care to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGILES01

Feb 4, 2009
Nothing beats experience. (y)
Yep went end over end 7 times as a passenger in a rzr rolled my jeep in the rocks a few times rolled my dads yxz on its side. All had harness with cages. The raptor will be caged as soon as I put it up for winter mods.

CGILES01

Feb 4, 2009
I dgaf on the harness, but whatever you do don’t leave dead tubes in your cage.. you will litterally die from looking at them. People that make dead tubes are literal psychopaths.
That I know lol lots of triangles will be built in to my cage. I will start with a basic A,B,C pillar cage and add triangulation. The tubes will all have joint that transfer to something else. They will all be tied in to the frame as well. Not my first cage build but will be my first for a truck that sees high speed off road. The jeep rock crawling stuff I used to do was a little more forgiving than this type of stuff lol

CGILES01

Feb 4, 2009

Started prepping the truck last night found s limit straps about on its last leg so decided to order some new ones. New seals on the way for the leaking rear shock. Going to do a small trail ride this weekend. I received my fuel cell and fittings about a month left till snow starts flying and this will be put up for winter mods.

Reactions: Turboyota

bullnerd

Feb 1, 2008
Put up for winter?

Snow wheeling is some of the best! (For us losers that dont live near the desert)

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds