2011 Ecoboost F150

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
How do you like them? I’ve been thinking about replacing my front seats because of some tears in the fabric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i really like them actually. they are a bit wider than most race seats which work well for me since i am not skinny. depending what your needs are, i would probably do a real race seat in a race vehicle, and if it was a true DD that you got in and out of each day the side bolster is a bit high and i know they make a little cheaper option with lower sides. But since i dont race, and dont have a cage and dont dd. I really like these seats even on long drives to the desert.

AZ F150

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
i really like them actually. they are a bit wider than most race seats which work well for me since i am not skinny. depending what your needs are, i would probably do a real race seat in a race vehicle, and if it was a true DD that you got in and out of each day the side bolster is a bit high and i know they make a little cheaper option with lower sides. But since i dont race, and dont have a cage and dont dd. I really like these seats even on long drives to the desert.
That’s perfect! I might look into the little bit cheaper option with the smaller side bolstering since I DD my F150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hxckidd

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
i am bored and suppose to be working. So providing a small update. I decided to give it a brake job, while doing so it snow balled into all new heims, uniballs and a full prep on suspension and shock rebuild for all 4 shocks. Realized the steering box was leaking so i rebuilt that, replaced all the bushings in the steering swingers and upgraded to -12 feed hose for power steering pump. When i first got the truck it would wonder all over the road. After prepping all this.. it makes sense why. The brass bushings were shot and had so much play it was insane. The pitman arm wasnt built right by Kibbe, so it would hit the steering box... This caused the pitman arm to never fully seat on the sector shaft and made it loose all the time. The resivor for the power steering was way too far away from the pump and the feed hose was too small, so it had a gnarly whine (fluid cavitation) at 1500 rpm. All this should be 100% fixed now and then on to prepping more bullshit. This truck needed some serious love when i got it. I dont see how people drive these things and never touch shit on them.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
here are some pics of the last couple weeks thanks to covid.... I should also note that because of the upgraded steering system and the air bags i removed... i also pulled out the dash and did a fancy upgrade to my clusters.... Electrical taped over the warning lights so i never see them anymore. hahah

Attachments

srhDGAFbro

Mega Member
Nov 12, 2010
San Diego
I don't get why people keep having him build things, I've gotten in full blown arguments with people on offroad pages over multiple personal experiences I've seen on friends trucks that had work done by him and they tell me that i don't know shit and imjust jealous i can't afford to have work done by him
Sorry to hear brother, at least you got it all sorted out! Can't wait to see it back on the road looking great again

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ljubera0250

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds