2011 Ecoboost F150

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
I think mostly has to do with people who hire him do not work on their own vehicles. So they would never know the issues. The work is nice, just some small issues need to be fixed. Not defending kibbe because I think it’s overpriced crab, but I have seen similar small issues come out of other shops too thst make me scratch my head. 99% of the time you have no idea until your the one prepping it and going through it all. None of this was a major issue, just little things really.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I think mostly has to do with people who hire him do not work on their own vehicles. So they would never know the issues. The work is nice, just some small issues need to be fixed. Not defending kibbe because I think it’s overpriced crab, but I have seen similar small issues come out of other shops too thst make me scratch my head. 99% of the time you have no idea until your the one prepping it and going through it all. None of this was a major issue, just little things really.
oh yea.. most stuff that is custom fabbed that I get needs massaging or has some issues.

But then again... I aint perfect either!!

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
so you up the input side to the pump from -10 to -12?

i am interested with the outcome.

what is the size of the fitting on your res? i would be concerned that if the fitting is smaller (-10) and you adapt it to a lager size if you could suck a air bubble. the restriction has been decided by the size on the res. i am just thinking about it like the pumps i work on in the water ind.

we always want a full pipe input to the pump or it can cavitat and suck air.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
so you up the input side to the pump from -10 to -12?

i am interested with the outcome.

what is the size of the fitting on your res? i would be concerned that if the fitting is smaller (-10) and you adapt it to a lager size if you could suck a air bubble. the restriction has been decided by the size on the res. i am just thinking about it like the pumps i work on in the water ind.

we always want a full pipe input to the pump or it can cavitat and suck air.
I am interested to. But here is my logic so far and what i have done. when i got the truck the power steering whined super bad at 1500 rpm, changed pumps and after talking to howe they thought it was a cavitation problem... the problem is my reservoir hose was 4 ft long when i got the truck. So then i moved the reservoir a ft closer (i know it should be less than 12" but that aint happening) and changed from -10 high pressure hose to -10 pushlock which gave me something like 1/16" larger ID. This pushed the whine in the power steering system to about 3,000 rpm. So switching from -10 to -12 goes from 5/8 to 3/4 ID hose. Hoping this means it will hold more fluid in the hose and allow it to flow into the pump faster? I do worry about the restriction from resevoir fitting to the pump fitting. Its a $160 experiment. lol

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds