2015 Baja 500

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

-MIKE-

SMO
Jun 30, 2007
Alta Loma
Heading down 5-7th. Pitting/chasing the ES TT & Class 1. Plan is to hit tech Friday morning then head out to whatever RMs they decide then camp friday/saturday night. Unless we pit up by check1 then I will probably head home Saturday.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Racing in 721 or 7221, whatever the hell the number system is for 7 Open but not sure what section. All white truck with a 4.5 Ford V6 so you should hear us coming from miles away. Course looks awesome but will be a nightmare to chase for the smaller teams.

-MIKE-

SMO
Jun 30, 2007
Alta Loma
Racing in 721 or 7221, whatever the hell the number system is for 7 Open but not sure what section. All white truck with a 4.5 Ford V6 so you should hear us coming from miles away. Course looks awesome but will be a nightmare to chase for the smaller teams.

Yea chasing will be tough. Scared I am going to end up having to camp in the heat of L. SALADA, but I hope not.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Yea chasing will be tough. Scared I am going to end up having to camp in the heat of L. SALADA, but I hope not.
That side always sucks, always. 100 degrees in a three layer suit with the motor about 12 inches from me is sounding real appealing so Im hoping I get the coast side. Also, Id say camp out in San Felipe because it might be 10 degrees cooler, but aren't you "that guy" who got busted for drunk in public at tech and had to work it off at the judges house instead of watching the race a few years ago?

-MIKE-

SMO
Jun 30, 2007
Alta Loma
That side always sucks, always. 100 degrees in a three layer suit with the motor about 12 inches from me is sounding real appealing so Im hoping I get the coast side. Also, Id say camp out in San Felipe because it might be 10 degrees cooler, but aren't you "that guy" who got busted for drunk in public at tech and had to work it off at the judges house instead of watching the race a few years ago?
We will likely stay in SF if they need us out that way.

Drunk in public? I would say more of roofied/ethered, but we will never know.... but yes that was me. Still had a great weekend. Out of the 30 or so times I have been to Mexico that will still be the best story ever.

**and if memory serves me correct out of the three of us who believe we were drugged. One ended up in the hotel shower, water running, and fully clothed. the other in the field behind our hotel. I was lucky enough to get jail.

Last edited:

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Help a race rookie and general MOE-RON out here.

It says limited "outbound prerunning" in that first section. And no inbound pre-running. What's that mean exactly? Am I tarded? And says only on June 4th and 5th ... But normal prerunning is allowed in just a couple days??

How would that be enforced?

Can't any normal loser just like me grab that GPS file... and take my truck down there to prerun the entire course for fun???

Been wanting to do this sometime soon if it's "acceptable"

Last edited:

BMH

Hi,Bye.
Jun 25, 2007
San Diego
Leaving Friday for Tech and such. Might go pre run if my buddies truck isn't broken.
Not sure where to spectate yet.

I would like to for it to be in the first 100 miles, Where would you guys go? Considering the course heads north first.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds