2019 baja 1k

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
so i am excited that this years baja 1k will run the beach section during the 1st part of the race instead at the end. this means i can see all the race trucks during the day all bunched up on the beach.

bummer i am rebuilding my front shock mounts and making changes on my truck and it wont be going. but i will be able to ride around in my buddies bronco.

i will be at the villa fontana this time.

who else is going and plans?

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
I fly back form a work trip Thursday night and get in around midnight, packing up and leaving fri am at 7am to head to Ensenada. Meeting a couple friends there to watch a little bit of the start and then head down to maybe 150ish to watch some of the race. Crashing in a friend's room at Villa Marina and will head home Saturday am.

Taking the GF for her first trip to Baja so short and sweet is good for the first go around.

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
I fly back form a work trip Thursday night and get in around midnight, packing up and leaving fri am at 7am to head to Ensenada. Meeting a couple friends there to watch a little bit of the start and then head down to maybe 150ish to watch some of the race. Crashing in a friend's room at Villa Marina and will head home Saturday am.

Taking the GF for her first trip to Baja so short and sweet is good for the first go around.
Crashing in a friends room with your gf?? And for her 1st trip??

I would get my own room.

Reactions: bajadog

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
haha ya, Ensenada hotels have a 3 night minimum on race weekends... We are only going to be there the one night
yea, your right. i had to get the 3 night. but, check a few places when you get into town. people cancel a lot and they just want to fill it.

bajadog

Aug 25, 2018
pomona
the weather isn't looking the best. i'll be heading out tuesday
and trying to hook up with a team and possibly go thru tech with them. which would be great, cause i might be able to get someone to sign a couple pics i have taken...(canks you might be getting one signed) i'll stay in the chapulepec district a little outta town south kinda by estero beach, but cheap, secure parking and great food all around. other possibilities weds tech, then pre run to erendira to scout photo locations and whatever...

Reactions: charlie_brown

ragingbull2k2

Engineer by day, annoying husband by night.
Feb 27, 2007
Escondildo, CA
Pitting and chasing all day for me. Leaving Thursday morning. Should get wild with the rain, and definitely put those AWDs in a great position to win it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds