2020 KOH

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Contemplating registering it actually if I can get the lights all on and working in time. Should smog no problem.

If not, just be sneaky? I don't know haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If you don’t have everything squared away for being street legal including, but not limited to: fenders, lights, signals, license plate with light, and bumpers
1. Stay the fuck away from Hammertown
2. Don’t cruise around with an open container
3. Keep off Boone Rd

I think you’d be fine if you stay around Bessemer mine rd and the Northern parts of the course.

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Question for those that have been to hammer town, can you trailer your truck or sxs into hammer town and park and unload? Or just park somewhere outside the entrance and then drive in?

asking for a friend haha

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
Question for those that have been to hammer town, can you trailer your truck or sxs into hammer town and park and unload? Or just park somewhere outside the entrance and then drive in?

asking for a friend haha
Yes you can. Be prepared for a million people though. I usually camp of Boone Road before Hammertown on the left/west side of the road. I try to find a spot away from the road near the mountain. Also I shoot for a spot just after I go through the KOH “checkpoint”.

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Yes you can. Be prepared for a million people though. I usually camp of Boone Road before Hammertown on the left/west side of the road. I try to find a spot away from the road near the mountain. Also I shoot for a spot just after I go through the KOH “checkpoint”.
what is the koh checkpoint?

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance

asking for a friend haha
Do you mean hammertown proper or just the clusterfuck on the lakebed in general?

Hammertown is the fenced area where all the vendors are and the big screen and some of the race teams. In order to *drive* in there you need to have a pass on your truck that qualifies you as part of the race or pit truck.
To get on the lakebed, it's just a regular old BLM event. So you can park your stuff wherever and drive almost anywhere else (except the race course & ^ hammertown).

Unfortunately it looks like the "donation" of years past is no longer a donation anymore and has changed to a required ticket fee. Makes sense, I always coughed up the cash anyway because these events cost money to put on and I think it's good for the industry in general. They're charging $30 per spectator and $20 per "camping" vehicle.

Reactions: SByota

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Do you mean hammertown proper or just the clusterfuck on the lakebed in general?

Hammertown is the fenced area where all the vendors are and the big screen and some of the race teams. In order to *drive* in there you need to have a pass on your truck that qualifies you as part of the race or pit truck.
To get on the lakebed, it's just a regular old BLM event. So you can park your stuff wherever and drive almost anywhere else (except the race course & ^ hammertown).

Unfortunately it looks like the "donation" of years past is no longer a donation anymore and has changed to a required ticket fee. Makes sense, I always coughed up the cash anyway because these events cost money to put on and I think it's good for the industry in general. They're charging $30 per spectator and $20 per "camping" vehicle.

come on bro let’s go to hammer.... town hahaha.

Yes that’s what I was trying to get clear. The website wasn’t really clear on that and the FAQ didn’t help much still. Thank you

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
soooooooo we meetin up for some good ole fashioned sport-soda crushin and pro spectating? dune jump contest? weather looks like its going to be perfect.
unless you dont want me around, in which case ill go fuck myself somewhere along the course

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds