31’s and glass?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Pdfd128

Jun 13, 2013
It’s all good, totally understandable man. I’m gonna go check that out now, I dig it. Also how’s it handle the snow? I’m actually moving to Alaska in the next couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pdfd128

Jun 13, 2013
@Turboyota your build thread is exactly what I’ve been looking for lmao I picked this thing up and instantly thought of my 02 4 banger ranger from highschool that I BROed out. A Cherry bomb, 31’s stretched bed, and me learning how to weld (horribly) haha hell yeah man

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
@Turboyota your build thread is exactly what I’ve been looking for lmao I picked this thing up and instantly thought of my 02 4 banger ranger from highschool that I BROed out. A Cherry bomb, 31’s stretched bed, and me learning how to weld (horribly) haha hell yeah man

It gets less shitty with time... I actually started to take it seriously after a couple years and built a pretty nice cage for it.

Reactions: Pdfd128

Pdfd128

Jun 13, 2013
@Turboyota that’s pretty much what I want to do, it’s my DD but I honestly want to learn how to do all this right. My one from High school was a hack job, I’m not going to do that to this one. I was in rhode island no one knew what a prerunner was there so they all thought I was crazy for doing anything with a 2 wheel drive. I’d like to start this one probably a level, 32’s and fenders to drive around, make some bumpers and spare tire carrier. Sometime within the next year or two I’d like to do an axle swap, regear, cage it and put some deavers on and make an LT setup.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
@Turboyota that’s pretty much what I want to do, it’s my DD but I honestly want to learn how to do all this right. My one from High school was a hack job, I’m not going to do that to this one. I was in rhode island no one knew what a prerunner was there so they all thought I was crazy for doing anything with a 2 wheel drive. I’d like to start this one probably a level, 32’s and fenders to drive around, make some bumpers and spare tire carrier. Sometime within the next year or two I’d like to do an axle swap, regear, cage it and put some deavers on and make an LT setup.

Solid plan. If you still need to get your dick wet fabricating, make bumpers and bedcages for practice. Both are easy to cut off and re-do as your skills develop.

Pdfd128

Jun 13, 2013
Hell yeah thank you man, that’s probably what I’m gonna have to do. I have a long way to go learning fab work but that should be fun, chop cut rebuild until I have what I like.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Another couple good things about learning fabwork on bumpers and bed cages:

1. Minimal truck downtime. If you spend all weekend making bumpers and don’t finish before Monday morning when you have to leave for work, who fucking cares? Drive that bitch sans bumpers.

2. Not much needs to be unbolted or cutoff in order to make progress on your project.

3. You can use cheap shitty welded seam tube and not waste expensive materials as you fuck up.

4. Other stuff to make for good practice:
-ice chest & tool box mounts
-roof racks
-motorcycle/lawnmower ramps
-seat mounts
-sex swings
-weld tables

Pdfd128

Jun 13, 2013
Seriously thank you, this is awesome advice. I didn’t even think of making mounts and stuff for everything that would be really handy for tools, shovels, jack, straps, snow chains and such. Weld table would be dope, swing could be a project haha also that opens up a lot of more options using cheap stuff to start, wasting the good stuff would get expensive real quick. Also I kept going through the Mobza build, that thing really came along man I like it a lot.

Reactions: Turboyota

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds