4 Door Mini Me

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Been busy getting all of my fiancee's stuff moved out here over Christmas and building a ton of furniture for the apartment, getting covid (super mild), teaching again, and trying to get stuff in motion with the house build. Spent an afternoon scratching the itch to build something, and modified a brake pedal for the xterra racetruck BTF built. The truck was an automatic that he converted to manual, so he needs room for the clutch pedal. The owner is in my neighborhood, so I started doing small stuff for him.

He wanted the pedal moved to the right, and a new pad made. I'm anticipating the big kick in the pedal causing a torque around the mount, so I think the upper portion of the pedal will twist. Once he gets the system pressurized and can feel if there is any deflection, we will move forward with reinforcing the top portion.

Hopefully I'll get some time Monday to work on the truck.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Little by little. Trying to spend time to route wiring nicely and mount all the little stuff. Got the radiator overflow/ecu mount done, added some bracing to the middle of the fenders, and got the fuse box mostly all plugged back in, and I need to get that mounted as well. I need to order a silicone coupler for the air filter to MAF, then I can mount that. Then build inner fenders and paint.

Cut an old Magnaflow exhaust tip my dad has had sitting around for years. Used the bead roller and added a bead for the AFE filter to grip onto. I'll do another on the other side after I finalize the length.

Fully welded the cruise control box thing and added the fiberglass support

Bolt will get trimmed, and inner fenders to protect the plastic from rocks.

Picked this up for my fiancee yesterday. She didn't grow up riding/camping, so hopefully having something easy to drive and safe will help her enjoy it more.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds