4 Door Mini Me

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
Phoenix
I think this is the seller I went with a few years back. 1 piece slip style and diameter can be changed depending on length.
They were back east and had a phone number as well if you dont want to use ebay.

SByota

Jul 16, 2003
I never built driveshafts before the Jeep. I made custom ones with junkyard and eBay parts for the front and back now. Not really that hard, but mine aren’t that long 35” total. I think since you are running GM stuff, it would be pretty easy to find a truck shaft that is too long, cut one end off and re-weld the yoke on.

Reactions: the bodj

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I was thinking something similar. Long bed full size shaft. How long are they and if it is close to what you want maybe just go with that to be modified to fit the correct rear end you are running?

Similar to the TC kit using T100 axles. Find a stock one that may work?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
it was Coast Driveline but now it's Driveshaftpro in ventura did my shaft for me. It was around $500 because the Toyota runs a metric tube so I had to buy the whole piece even though I didn't need all of it.
I have made more than a few adapter rings to get 1350 yokes on toyota drive shafts.

The driveshaft place in vista told me they couldn't make what I wanted because of the different sizes. I said ok, give me the pieces. Went back to work made an adapter ring and took it back in about an hour. They thought it was rocket science lol. After that, they would call me every couple months to make one for them.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I was thinking something similar. Long bed full size shaft. How long are they and if it is close to what you want maybe just go with that to be modified to fit the correct rear end you are running?

Similar to the TC kit using T100 axles. Find a stock one that may work?
The driveshaft is way long as it is. I think I want a two piece, no? Granted, I don't want to deal with carrier bearings, so if a single will work, I'd be stoked

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I ran a 2 piece shaft and I would play with the link geometry and carrier bearing location to minimize plunge and you won't have any problems with that. I had 1" of plunge and the soft toyota carrier bearings usually cause issues but with that plunge I never had an issue or had to change it ever.

Reactions: the bodj and SByota

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I have made more than a few adapter rings to get 1350 yokes on toyota drive shafts.

The driveshaft place in vista told me they couldn't make what I wanted because of the different sizes. I said ok, give me the pieces. Went back to work made an adapter ring and took it back in about an hour. They thought it was rocket science lol. After that, they would call me every couple months to make one for them.
I would've done that but I already had the toyota to 9in flange and it had the double carden joint I just needed it extended for 6' bed on a extended wheel base double cab truck

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az

Explains why Tom woods wouldn’t build me a shaft for my tracker... pussies

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds